Christine Lincoln Reid
Christine L. Reid in the Dolomites, 1936
|Born||May 8, 1906|
|Died||May 4, 1990|
|Other names||Pussy Reid, Pooh Reid|
Christine Lincoln Reid (May 8, 1906 - May 4, 1990) was a mountaineer and filmmaker, the first woman to climb Mount Columbia in Canada.  Reid started mountain climbing in her early 20s. Her early ascents included Assiniboine and the Grand Teton.  In 1936 she made many climbs in the Dolomites; discovering a new route on the Piz Popena south wall, which is named Via Christine for her.
She was also an early film maker and documentarian. Her 16mm silent film "Klettershuh: Climbing in the Dolomites" was featured at the Tenth Annual Little Movie Party in 1939 at the Barbizon-Plaza Theatre, in New York, NY. Another silent film, "Fundamentals of Skiing" showed a man demonstrating skiing basics at the foot of the Matterhorn in Zermatt, Switzerland while title cards give added explanation and instruction.
Reid was on the editorial board of Appalachia. She wrote for the American Alpine Journal, the Boston Transcript and the Boston Globe. She helped develop the New England chapter of the Explorer's Club and was a member of the Women's Travel Club and trustee of the American Alpine Club Research Fund. 
- "Christine Lincoln Reid, 1906-1990 - in memoriam". American Alpine Club. 1991. Retrieved 2019-01-27.
- "Filmmakers - AMDB". Christine L. Reid (in French). Retrieved 2019-01-27.
- "Moving Images". Northeast Historic FilmNortheast Historic Film : NHF collection : Reid Family Collection [Reid Family Collection]. 1929-10-28. Retrieved 2019-01-27.
- "Films - AMDB". Climbing in the Dolomites (in French). Retrieved 2019-01-27.
- richard, Emma. "The adventurous types get all the attention". Northeast Historic Film. Retrieved 2019-01-27.
- Laskow, Sarah (June 12, 2018). "The Pioneering Mountain Climber and Skier Who Filmed Her Own Exploits". Atlas Obscura. Retrieved 2019-01-27.
- "AAC Publications - Search The American Alpine Journal and Accidents". American Alpine Club Research Fund, 1946. 1945-12-31. Retrieved 2019-01-27.
- "Photographs of Christine L. Reid, 1930-1965". Harvard University Library. Retrieved 2019-01-27.
- Secretary's Third Report - Class of 1901. Cambridge MA: Harvard College. p. 304. Retrieved 27 January 2019.