22 July 1973
Michalak was born in Senlis, France. Michalak has stated that as a young child, he originally wanted to become an architect. However, at the age of 15, Michalak started his journey to becoming a pastry master. Michalak studied for his certificate of professional excellence in pâtisserie at the trade school of Angers. In August 2013, Michalak married actress Delphine McCarty.
After achieving his certificate of professional competence, at the age of 16, Michalak decided to learn his trade across the world. Michalak has studied and worked in many well known restaurants and pâtisserie across the world.
Michalak currently works with world-renowned chef Alain Ducasse at the three Michelin starred, Plaza Athenaeum in Paris.
1991 - 1993 | Hilton London and Brussels
1993 - 1995 | Hotel Negresco, Nice (Michelin )
1995 - 1997 | Fauchon, Paris
1997 - 1998 | Kobe, Japan
1998 - 1999 | Pierre Hermé, New York
1999 - 2000 | Ladurée, Paris
2000 | Plaza Athenaeum, Paris (Michelin )
2007 | Paulette Macarons, Beverley Hills, California
2013 | Michalak Takeaway, Paris
In 2013, Michalak set up a pastry training school, "Michalak's Master Class", in Paris.
Michalak has authored five cookbooks and also published a collection of best recipes.
- Christophe Michalak, Les desserts qui me font craquer (Desserts I'm crazy about), Paris, Édition Plon, 2010
- Christophe Michalak, Les chocolat qui me font craquer (Chocolate I'm crazy about), Paris, Édition Plon, 2011
- Christophe Michalak, Le gâteau de mes rêves (Cake of my dreams), Paris, M6 Éditions, 2012
- Alain Ducasse and Christophe Michalak, Best of Michalak, Paris, 2013
- Christophe Michalak, Les meilleurs dessers de France (Best Desserts of France), Paris, Éditions Gründ, 2013
- Christophe Michalak, C'est du gâteau (It's the cake), Paris, Éditions Gründ, 2014
Michalak has headlined three cookery programmes on French television aiming to demystify the complexities of French Pastry and has also been involved in the French version of MasterChef.
From February 2012 to June 2013, Michalak was the host of the programme 'Le gâteau de mes rêves (Cake of my dreams)', which was broadcast on the Téva Channel.
In July 2013, Michalak became a judge on 'Qui sera le prochain grand pâtissier (Who's the next great pâtissier') on the France2 Channel.
- "Who is Christophe Michalak? - Prue Leith Chefs Academy". Prueleith.co.za. Retrieved 2014-04-27.
- ""Dans la peau d'un chef" : Une émission cuisine en access à la rentrée sur France 2". ozap.com. Retrieved 24 November 2014.
- "Delphine McCarty, la douceur de Christophe Michalak" (in French). Paris Match. Retrieved 2014-04-27.
- "Official website". Christophemichalak.com. Retrieved 24 November 2014.
- "Christophe Michalak | Chef's Profile | Hotel Plaza Athénée Paris". Dorchestercollection.com. Archived from the original on 2014-07-06. Retrieved 2014-04-27.
- "ChristopheMICHALAK.com". Michalakmasterclass.com. Retrieved 24 November 2014.
- "Palmares - Coupe du Monde de la Pâtisserie - Lyon Finale 2013". Cmpatisserie-lyon.com. Retrieved 2014-04-27.
- Fernando Toda. "Christophe Michalak, elected best pastry chef of the year by Relais Desserts". Sogoodmagazine.com. Retrieved 2014-04-27.
- "French pastry champion Christophe Michalak on his work - The Connexion". Connexionfrance.com. Retrieved 2014-04-27.
- "Recettes de Christophe Michalak". France2. Retrieved 24 November 2014.