Christopher Davidson is Reader in Middle East Politics and a Fellow at Durham University in the UK. He is an author of multiple books on the Middle East, including Shadow Wars: The Secret Struggle for the Middle East (2016). According to a review in Christian Science Monitor, the book "comes closer than any recent popular study to offering definitive answers" to the questions of the origins of the strife in the region.
Chris Davidson has publicly spoken out against the bank fraud scheme in Dubai perpetuated by an American, British, Pakistani, and Turkish fraud cell aimed at scamming Middle Eastern banks. He says "Some might say that it's evidence of the anti-corruption drive, but again, where are the Emiraatis?" resulting in popularity in Mid East circles.
Christopher Davidson received attention for his prediction that many expatriate investments in Dubai and Iraq may see substantial losses. He analyzed and accurately predicted outcomes in 2009.
Christopher Davidson's monograph "Dubai: The Vulnerability of Success" was published by Columbia University Press.
- "'Shadow Wars' exposes underlying patterns behind Middle Eastern strife", Christian Science Monitor
- "Staff page". Retrieved 24 May 2013.
- Davidson, Christopher. "Christopher Davidson". Article. Retrieved 18 March 2011.
- Davidson, Christopher (10 March 2009). "Dubai 'Fraud': Where Are The Locals?". Forbes. Retrieved 18 March 2011.
- Davidson, Christopher (27 November 2009). "What is Dubai and Who Runs It?". BBC. Retrieved 18 March 2011.
- "North-East man in Beirut flight drama". The Northern Echo. Retrieved 2017-03-29.