Christopher James Wildeman (born October 26, 1979) is an American sociologist and professor of policy analysis and management in the College of Human Ecology at Cornell University. He is also Director of the Bronfenbrenner Center for Translational Research and Associate Vice Provost for the Social Sciences at Cornell University. Wildeman is known for researching the effects of incarceration on children's health, homelessness, and racial inequality.
Wildeman was educated at Dickinson College (B.A. in Philosophy, Sociology, and Spanish, 2002) and Princeton University (M.A., 2006; Ph.D., 2008). Both of his graduate degrees were in sociology and demography, and his Ph.D. was supervised by Sara McLanahan, Bruce Western, and Devah Pager. For two years (2008–2010), he was a postdoctoral affiliate at the University of Michigan's Population Studies Center, after which he joined the faculty of Yale University as an assistant professor of sociology. In 2013, he became an associate professor at Yale, and in 2014, he joined the faculty of Cornell as an associate professor. Since 2016, he has also been a research affiliate at the University of Wisconsin, Madison's Institute for Research on Poverty. He is Director of the Bronfenbrenner Center for Translational Research and Associate Vice Provost for the Social Sciences at Cornell University.
- Christopher Wildeman (2009). "Parental Imprisonment, the Prison Boom, and the Concentration of Childhood Disadvantage". Demography. 46 (2): 265–280. doi:10.1353/dem.0.0052. PMC 2831279. PMID 21305393.
- Western, Bruce; Wildeman, Christopher (January 2009). "The Black Family and Mass Incarceration". The Annals of the American Academy of Political and Social Science. 621 (1): 221–242. doi:10.1177/0002716208324850.
- Wakefield, Sara; Wildeman, Christopher (2013). Children of the prison boom : mass incarceration and the future of American inequality. Oxford University Press. ISBN 9780199989232.
- "Wildeman, Christopher James, 1979-". Name Authority File. Library of Congress. Retrieved 29 June 2017.
- Kozlowska, Hanna (15 April 2016). "One in 14 Americans will grow up with a parent in prison". Quartz. Retrieved 29 June 2017.
- Large, Jerry (18 October 2015). "Kids share punishment of parents behind bars". Seattle Times. Retrieved 29 June 2017.
- Khazan, Olga (7 April 2017). "The Prison-Health Paradox". The Atlantic. Retrieved 29 June 2017.
- "Christopher Wildeman Curriculum Vitae" (PDF). Retrieved 29 June 2017.
- "Christopher Wildeman Biography". Cornell University. Retrieved 29 June 2017.