Chrystal Bougon at her boutique
Curvy Girl Lingerie (CEO) |
|Notable work||The Curvy Girl Playbook (Book)|
Chrystal Bougon is the owner of Curvy Girl Lingerie; a plus-size lingerie store and the CEO BlissConnection.com. She is the author of the book "The Curvy Girl Playbook". She is the executive producer of the television show Plus Life. She is also the host of the radio show “Everyone Wants to Have Better Sex”.
Bougon also started BlissConnection, which is a woman-owned romance store that sells toys, lubricants, oils and costumes. BlissConnection also offers information related to sex products for enhancing intimate relationships.
She has written an essay in the Jes Baker's book "Things No One Will Tell Fat Girls" titled "Hot Sex & The Curvy Girl".
She is the author of several books including "The Curvy Girl Playbook".
Before starting her own ventures she used to work for technology companies in Silicon Valley.
Regular Women-Unphotoshopped Campaign
Bougon started the campaign by asking women of all shapes and sizes to post pictures of themselves in lingerie on her Curvy Girl Facebook Page. Bougon says she wanted to connect with the “regular” people out there in the Internet world and show them that, "For most Curvies, they have rolls, bumps, lumps, scars, stretch marks, surgery scars, breasts that are natural and that have breast fed babies. And they can still be stunning and beautiful." After fitness advocate Maria Kang criticized the campaign in a post on Kang's Facebook page, Bougon and other people reported Kang's comments as "hate speech" to Facebook's administration, which blocked Kang's accounts for two days. Kang and Bougon subsequently debated their opposing views over social and broadcast media. Bougon made numerous appearances in shows like CNN, the Today Show, Good Morning America, and The Bethany Show to defend her campaign.
As a radio show host she got the "Top Talker" and "Frontier Fifty" award from the Talker magazine with Dr. Laura Schlessinger, Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity in the same year.
- Fat Babe, Spooky. "MEET CHRYSTAL BOUGON: A CHAT ABOUT BODY POSITIVITY, SEX, & HER NEW TV SHOW!". donutsanddissent.
- MARIE SOUTHARD OSPINA. "Chrystal Bougon of Curvy Girl Lingerie Talks Plus Size Fashion, Fat Sex and Reality TV". bustle.
- Sidney, Emiley. "Chrystal Bougon / Curvy Girl / Bliss Connection". threegirlsmedia.
- "Chrystal Bougon". Huffington Post.
- "Curvy Girl Chrystal Bougon, Author". yourtango.
- Fernandez, Lisa. ""Fit Mom" Maria Kang vs. "Curvy Girl" Chrystal Bougon Battle Weight, Sexiness On-Air, Online". CNBC.
- "ChrystalBougon". about.
- "Small businesses lose traffic as Facebook pares updates". dallasnews.
- "Curvy Girl Lingerie's Stars of 'Plus Life' Embrace Their Size Despite Internet Trolls". wdrb.
- "South Bay lingerie store for plus-sized women targeted by vandals". ktvu.
- Jones, Georgina. "Curvy Girl Lingerie Launches 'Plus Life,' A New Body Positive Reality TV Show".
- Zinko, Carolyne. "Reality TV show 'Plus Life' celebrates big & beautiful". sfchronicle.
- "UNAPPROACHABLE (CHRYSTAL BOUGON)". findingourhunger.
- "Fattitude Body Love Badass: Chrystal Bougon". fattitudethemovie.
- "Curvy Girl Lingerie's Stars of 'Plus Life' Embrace Their Size Despite Internet Trolls". khq.
- "Plus Life- Reality TV". imdb.
- "Plus Life". pluslifetv.
- GEORGINA JONES. "Living the Plus Life". bustle.
- Penn, Stephaine. "Curvy Girl Lingerie's Owner Chrystal Bougon Wants To Create A Reality Show". dailyvenusdiva.
- Cruz, Marcy. "Curvy Girl Lingerie Debuts Sizzle Reel For Their New Reality TV Show". plus-model-mag.
- "Curvy Girl Lingerie's Stars of 'Plus Life' Embrace Their Size Despite Internet Trolls". consumerelectronicsnet.
- Stewart, Dodai. "Fit Mom to Curvy Girl: You Can 'Just Tell' If a Person Is Unhealthy". jezebel.