Church Historian's Press
|Parent company||Church History Department of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Headquarters location||Salt Lake City, Utah|
|Publication types||Books and online publications|
|Nonfiction topics||LDS Church history|
The Church Historian's Press is an imprint dedicated to publishing scholarly works about the origin, history, and growth of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church). It is owned by the LDS Church and operated under the direction of the Church Historian and Recorder.
The press is the publisher of the Joseph Smith Papers, a documentary editing project that seeks to provide scholars and researches with access to all of the original documents produced by Joseph Smith, founder of the LDS Church. When complete, the Joseph Smith Papers will contain about two dozen printed volumes, as well as online publications.
The press was also intended to publish other LDS Church documentary histories, such as the significant journals of 19th-century Apostle George Q. Cannon (the first volume was already published by Deseret Book in 1999). In April 2016, this project was instead launched as a searchable website for The Journal of George Q. Cannon, with plans to provide nearly all the journals online and save years in what would be required for print publication. Also in 2016, the CH Press began publication of historic papers of the Relief Society.
The CH Press website was launched on February 2, 2016.
- "New Publishing Imprint Set to Boost Mormon Scholarship". Newsroom. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. February 25, 2008. Retrieved 2009-06-05.
- R. Scott Lloyd (October 3, 2012). "Joseph Smith Papers' 'Histories' Vol. 2 released". Church News. Deseret News. Retrieved 2016-04-17.
- Arave, Lynn (February 25, 2008). "LDS Church announces new Historian's Press". MormonTimes. Deseret News. Retrieved 2009-06-05.
- Lloyd, R. Scott (March 1, 2008). "New era dawns in LDS publishing". Church News. Deseret News. Retrieved 2009-06-05.
- Walch, Tad (April 14, 2016). "To Lincoln, the face of Mormonism was George Q. Cannon, whose journals are now online". Deseret News. Retrieved 2016-04-17.
- Walch, Tad (February 24, 2016). "LDS Church signals 'remarkable' transparency with new book on 'First Fifty Years of Relief Society'". Deseret News. Retrieved 2016-04-17.
|This article related to the Latter Day Saint movement is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|