|Industry||Computer-aided design, Computer-aided manufacturing|
|Headquarters||Givat Shmuel, Israel|
|Danny Haran (CEO)
Ilan Erez (CFO)
William Gibbs (Vice Chairman and President North America)
Headquartered in Tel Aviv, the company has subsidiaries in the United States, Germany, Italy, China, South Korea, India and Brazil, as well as resellers in over 40 countries. Its main software products, CimatronE and GibbsCAM, are used in over 40,000 installations worldwide. Its clients are largely from the automotive, aerospace, consumer electronics, toys, medical, optics and telecom industries.
The company was founded in 1982 as MicroCAD, releasing its first software products Multicadd and Multicam in 1984 for use by small- to medium-sized tool shops. In 1987 the company changed its name to Cimatron.
In 1990, the company launched Cimatron IT, which it claimed was the world's first integrated CAD/CAM software.
In March 1996, Cimatron began trading on the Nasdaq under the symbol CIMT. In 1999 Cimatron launched its product for Windows, CimatronE. In March 2011, Cimatron began trading on the Tel-Aviv Stock Exchange, becoming a dual listed company. However, in 2013 its board of directors voted to delist from the TASE.
In July 2005, Cimatron acquired an initial 27.5% interest in Microsystem Srl, its Italian distributor. By July 2008, Cimatron had completed the acquisition of 100% of Microsystem.
In January 2008, Cimatron merged with US CNC machining software company Gibbs and Associates. Former Gibbs head Bill Gibbs assumed the position of Cimatron President North America and Vice Chairman of Cimatron Ltd. and agreed to remain with the company for at least five years.
In 2010, Cimatron was listed by PLM consulting firm CIMdata as one of the leading suppliers of CAM software based on CAM software and services direct revenue received. CIMdata also predicted that Cimatron would be one of the five most rapidly growing CAM software companies in 2011.
For 2012 Cimatron reported revenues of $42.3 million, with a record non-GAAP operating profit of $6.1 million.
In February 2013, Cimatron CEO Danny Haran announced that the company had begun researching the additive manufacturing field. In March of that year Cimatron established a 3D Printing Advisory board, naming 3D printing expert Terry Wohlers as its first member.
In 2015, 3D Systems completed its acquisition of all shares of Cimatron Ltd. for approximately $97 million.
CimatronE is an integrated CAD/CAM solution for mold, die and tool makers and manufacturers of discrete parts, providing associativity across the manufacturing process from quoting, through design and delivery. The solution's products include mold design, electrode design, die design, 2.5 to 5-axis numerical control (NC) programming and 5-axis discrete part production. In 2010 the CimatronE SuperBox was launched, a combined hardware-software device for the offloading and acceleration of toolpath calculations in NC programming.
GibbsCAM specializes in 2- through 5-axis milling, turning, mill/turning, multi-task simultaneous machining and wire-EDM. It also provides integrated manufacturing modeling, including 2D, 2.5D, 3D wireframe, surface and solid modeling.
- "Cimatron Ltd.- Company Profile on BusinessWeek". Investing.businessweek.com. Retrieved 2013-06-24.
- "Cimatron Appoints Yossi Ben Shalom as New Chairman of the Board". Prnewswire.com. Retrieved 2013-06-24.
- "Cimatron Group - CAD/CAM software". Cimatron.com. Retrieved 2013-06-24.
- "Hoovers online". Hoovers.com. Retrieved 2013-06-24.
- Shamah, David (2011-12-19). "Digital World: A most atypical Israeli business | JPost | Israel News". JPost. Retrieved 2013-06-24.
- "Celebrating 30 years of CAD/CAM leadership". Cimatron. 2013-03-12. Retrieved 2013-07-10.
- "United States Securities and Exchange Commission Form 20 - Cimatron Ltd.". 2013. Retrieved 2013-07-10.
- "Cimatron Ltd. CIMT" (PDF). Morningstar Equity Research. Retrieved 2013-07-10.
- "Press Releases - News & Events - CIMdata - Global Leader in PLM Consulting". CIMdata. 2011-08-03. Retrieved 2013-06-24.
- "Cimatron Reports its Highest-Ever Revenues and Operating Profit in Q4/10" (PDF). Cimatron. Retrieved 2013-07-10.
- "2011 Israel Technology Fast 50 winners". Deloitte. Retrieved 2013-06-24.
- "Cimatron Reports Record Q4 and Full Year 2012 Results Across all Operating Parameters". MarketWatch. Retrieved 2013-06-24.
- "Cimatron Establishes 3D Printing Advisory Board". MarketWatch. Retrieved 2013-06-24.
- 3D Systems completes acquisition
- "ncsuperbox". ncsuperbox. Retrieved 2013-06-24.