Formed in Los Angeles, largely with members of the LA and San Francisco Cacophony Society, the circus was formed on the premise of being completely without talent. No actual performers were allowed, only non-performers without any experience or desire to create professional acts. Original line up included the Amazing Jarico Reese (now of Cyclecide Bike Rodeo) the talentless magician, Speed Metal tap dance: two girls barely tap dancing to heavy metal, Dammit the Amazing Wonder Dog: Chicken John's pet dog that couldn't jump through a hoop, The Vegan Geek, Tall Pall (who's amazing skill was being tall), The Talking Mime, The Mad Cow (an angry Punk in a cow suit), The Flaming Vomiteer (developed by Steve Wilkerson ['96], wherein he would vomit on stage and set it on fire) and many other equally talentless acts.
The Circus Redickuless toured for four years in various forms with a revolving cast of troupe members.
- Stark, Jeff (July 8, 1998). "The One ... the Only ... Circus Redickuless". SF Weekly. Archived from the original on April 4, 2013.
- Dee Hill, J. (2004). Freaks and Fire: The Underground Reinvention of Circus Art. ISBN 9781932360523.
- Media, Spin L.L.C. (March 1999). Circus of the Damned. Spin. pp. 123–128.
- "Circus Redickuless". YouTube. Archived from the original on 2021-12-15.
- "IMDB entry for 1998 New York Underground Film Festival". IMDb. Archived from the original on 2009-02-15. Retrieved 2008-12-13.