From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Richard Harris, Ben Moffat (June 1986). "How Reliable is the Modern City Directory?". Canadian Geographer. 30 (2): 154–158. doi:10.1111/j.1541-0064.1986.tb01040.x.
- George G. Morgan. "City vs. Telephone Directories". Ancestry.com.
- A. V. Williams (1913). The Development and Growth of City Directories. Cincinnati.
- Florence May Hopkins (1919). Reference Guides that Should be Known and how to Use Them: Atlases; City Directories; Gazetteers. The Willard Company.
- Philip Sutton (2012), "Direct Me NYC 1786: A History of City Directories in the United States and New York City", NYPL Blogs, New York Public Library