City of Peace
Jump to navigation Jump to search
City of Peace may refer to:
- Jerusalem, from a folk etymology
- Round city of Baghdad, (Arabic: Madinat al-Salam) the original core of Baghdad, Iraq.
- Baghdad, Iraq
- Hiroshima, Japan, proclaimed a City of Peace in 1949
- Dar es Salaam, the largest city of Tanzania, whose name translated from Arabic means "Abode of Peace"
- La Paz, a city and the administrative seat in Bolivia, whose name translates as "Peace" in Spanish.
- Andrew Petersen 2015, 'Baghdad (Madinat al-Salam)' Islamic Arts and Architecture. [ONLINE] Available at: http://islamic-arts.org/2011/baghdad-madinat-al-salam/. [Accessed 18 July 2015].
| disambiguation page lists articles about distinct geographical locations with the same name.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.