Clare B. Dunkle
Clare B. Dunkle (born June 11, 1964) is an American children's fantasy author and librarian.
Dunkle was born Clare Buckalew in Fort Worth, Texas. She earned a B.A. in Russian with a minor in Latin from Trinity University in San Antonio and worked in Trinity University's library after earning her M.L.S. from Indiana University. For seven years, she and her family lived in the Rheinland Pfalz region of Germany not far from the Roman city of Trier. Her daughters (Elena and Valerie) attended a boarding school there and read her first four books as a series of letters from home.
- The Hollow Kingdom (2003)
- Close Kin (2004)
- In the Coils of the Snake (2005)
- The Sky Inside (2008) - "In a world well-stocked with genius children, the point-of-view focus through an ordinary boy with questionable free will provides a compelling shift from the expected."
- The Walls Have Eyes (2009) - "After an overly expository start, this simple tale provides comforting, enjoyable adventure."
- By These Ten Bones (2005)
- The House of Dead Maids (2010)
- Elena Vanishing (2015)
- Hope and Other Luxuries: A Mother's Life with a Daughter's Anorexia (2015)
- "About Clare B. Dunkle". Clare B. Dunkle. Retrieved 2012-02-29.
- "The Sky Inside". www.kirkusreviews.com. Kirkus Media LLC. 1 January 2008. Retrieved 18 July 2015.
- "The Walls Have Eyes". www.kirkusreviews.com. Kirkus Media LLC. 1 July 2009. Retrieved 18 July 2015.
- "Mythopoeic Awards Winners By Year". www.sfadb.com. Locus Science Fiction Foundation. Retrieved 18 July 2015.
- Official website
- Miss Erin Interview with Clare
- Clare B. Dunkle at the Internet Speculative Fiction Database
- Clare B. Dunkle at Library of Congress Authorities, with 7 catalog records
|This article about an American fantasy writer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a children's author from the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a person involved with library and information science is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|