|Dame Clare Tickell|
Tickell in 2014
|Born||Oriana Clare Tickell
25 May 1958
|Alma mater||Bristol University|
|Known for||Action for Children; Early Years Foundation Review; Hanover Housing Association; Early Intervention Foundation|
As Chief Executive of Hanover Housing Association since January 2014, Clare Tickell is responsible for one of England's leading providers of affordable housing and services for the over 55s. Founded in 1963, Hanover manages approximately 19,000 extra care and retirement properties in over 600 locations.
Prior to joining Hanover, Clare was Chief Executive of Action for Children (2005–2013), one of the UK's largest and most important charities. Here she was able to influence the development of policies that affect the lives of the most vulnerable and neglected children, young people and their families and communities across the UK. In July 2010, it was announced that Clare would be conducting a review for the UK Government in the Early Years Foundation Stage Framework which sets learning and welfare standards for the under fives. The Review was published in 2011 and its recommendations implemented in 2012.
Before this position Clare served as: Chief Executive, Stonham Housing Association, 1997–2004; Chief Executive, Phoenix House Housing Association (now known as Phoenix Futures) 1992–1997; Director, Riverpoint Single Homeless 1989–1992; Deputy Director, Centrepoint (charity) Soho 1986–1989; and as Assistant Warden, Avon Probation Service 1982–1984.
- Chair of the Board, Early Intervention Foundation, a charity and one of the Government's What Works centres
- Chair, CVLS Honours Committee
- Fellow, RSA
- 2011 – March 2014 The Guinness Partnership Board
- October 2011 – October 2013 Chair, Help the Hospices (now Hospice UK) Independent Commission into the Future of Hospice Care
- February 2009 – July 2010 Member of the Commission on 2020 Public Services sponsored by the RSA
- 2004 – 2009 Member of the Howard League Commission on English Prisons
- 2004 – April 2010 Member of the Management Board – Information Commission, the Commission with responsibility for the Data Protection Act and Freedom of Information Act.
- Dame Commander of the Order of the British Empire (DBE) in the 2010 New Year Honours for services to young people.
- Fellow of the City and Guilds Institute
- Honorary Doctorate of Laws, University of Bristol
- Honorary Doctorate of Grossteste University (awarded 2013)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Clare Tickell.|