Clark Mills (boatbuilder)
(Redirected from Clark Mills (boatbuilder and designer))Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
He was best known as the designer of economical and practical boats such as the Optimist pram, Windmill, Com-Pac 16 and others. He began building boats before World War II and after the war opened the Mills Boat Works in Clearwater, Florida.
- Bill Douglas "Simple Man Simple Boat
- Origins of the International Optimist Dinghy
- Sailing Magazine, March 1999: An 8-foot giant of a sailboat
- Hutchins Company Profile discusses the Com-Pac 16 designed by Clark Mills.
- Builder of Snipes.
- National Sailing Hall of Fame Induction
|This article about a United States engineer, inventor or industrial designer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to shipbuilding is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|