7 February 1948|
Arona, Piedmont, Italy
26 May 2015 (aged 67)|
Claudio Caligari (7 February 1948 – 26 May 2015) was an Italian director and screenwriter.
Life and career
Born in Arona, Piedmont, Caligari began his career as a documentarist, often collaborating with Franco Barbero; his first work was Perché droga (1975). He made his feature film debut in 1983, with the drug-centered drama Toxic Love, which won the De Sica Award at the 40th Venice International Film Festival. Only fifteen years later he directed another work, the neo-noir The Scent of the Night. He completed the editing of his third and last film, Non essere cattivo, a few days before his death for a tumor.
Director and Writer
- Lotte nel Belice (1977)
- Toxic Love (Amore tossico) (1983)
- The Scent of the Night (L'odore della notte) (1998)
- Don't Be Bad (Non essere cattivo) (2015)
- Roberto Poppi. I registi: dal 1930 ai giorni nostri. Gremese Editore, 2002. ISBN 8884401712.
- Roberto Chiti; Roberto Poppi; Enrico Lancia. Dizionario del cinema italiano: I film. Gremese, 2000. ISBN 8877424230.
- "Addio a Claudio Caligari, il ricordo è di Valerio Mastandrea: "Se c'è un aldilà sono fottuto"". La Repubblica. 27 May 2015. Retrieved 29 May 2015.
|This Italian biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|