|Industry||Fiber Optics Manufacturing, Cable manufacturing, communications equipment|
|Headquarters||Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States|
|Cheri Beranek (CEO) Johnny Hill (COO) Daniel Herzog (CFO)|
|Products||Cassettes, Frames, Panels, Cabinets, Wall Boxes, Pedestals, Optical Components, Fiber Assemblies, Patch Cords, Pushable Fiber and Microduct, Copper assemblies, Splice-On Connectors|
Clearfield, Inc. manufactures and distributes passive connectivity products. Their fiber management and enclosure platform consolidates, distributes, and protects fiber through inside plant facilities, to outside plant facilities, to the home, and to the drop-off points in between. Clearfield's products service the wireless, cable, and telephone service providers, municipal-owned utilities, and non-traditional providers. Clearfield was founded in 2008 and is headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Clearfield’s history began in the late 1980s with the merging of Americable and Computer System Products. Moving forward under the business name Americable, in 2003 the company was purchased by APA Enterprises. In 2007, APA Enterprises changed course after several consecutive years of profit losses. In June 2007, Cheri Beranek took the new role of CEO. Under the new leadership, APA Enterprises redefined itself with a new vision by rebranding the Company as Clearfield at the start of 2008.
- Clearfield rated #14 in the top 25 small businesses in America in 2013
- Eureka! Award for ingenuity and innovation
- "Products". clearfieldconnection.com. Retrieved 11 August 2015.
- "Clearfield". forbes.com. Forbes. Retrieved 11 August 2015.
- Kelly, Patricia (May 1, 2009). "Fiber Optimists". Twin Cities Business. Retrieved 9 September 2015.
- "APA Cables & Networks Announce New Business Structure". lightwaveonline.com. Retrieved 11 August 2015.
- DePass, Dee (January 14, 2008). "Clearfield: Newly wired for profit". Star Tribune. Star Tribune. Retrieved 9 September 2015.
- "Growing Fiber Optic Company Moving HQ out of Plymouth". bizjournals.com. bizjournals. Retrieved 11 August 2015.
- "Clearfield Opens Plant in Mexico". btreport.net. Broadband Technology Report. Retrieved 11 August 2015.
- Badenhausen, Kurt. "Forbes Staff". forbes.com. Forbes. Retrieved 21 July 2015.
- Largent, Branden. "Eureka! winner: Clearfield Inc". bizjournals.com. Bizjournals. Retrieved 11 August 2015.