Cleburne Intermodal Transportation Depot
The Cleburne station in February 2017.
|Location||206 North Border Street
Cleburne, Texas, 76031
|Owned by||City of Cleburne|
|Platforms||1 side platform|
|Station code||Amtrak code: CBR|
|Passengers (2014)||3,322 19.8%|
For many years, Cleburne was the site of a major locomotive backshop of the Santa Fe Railroad, and many shop buildings can be seen on the east side of the track. The 1898 two-story brick depot was scaled down to one floor and ultimately demolished during the 1990s to make way for a road improvement project.
Cleburne's current intermodal station, built in 1999, serves Amtrak trains and is the office for Cletran, the local bus transit. In recent history, the station has become less prestigious and the surrounding buildings have become mostly abandoned. The depot no longer has an Amtrak agent and tickets can be purchased from the conductor on board the train.
- "City / County Transportation (Cletran)". City of Cleburne. Retrieved December 2015. Check date values in:
- "Amtrak Fact Sheet, FY2014, State of Texas" (PDF). Amtrak. November 2014. Retrieved 22 February 2015.
- Evan Werkema. "Some Recent Losses: Depots". Atchison Topeka & Santa Fe Railway Subjects. Retrieved December 2015.
Cleburne, TX once sported a large two-story brick depot. The structure was later reduced to this rather modest, unadorned edifice.Check date values in:
- Nancy Beck Young. "Trinity and Brazos Valley Railway". The Handbook of Texas Online. Texas State Historical Association. Retrieved December 2015. Check date values in:
- "Cleburne Downtown Master Plan Report - Final". City of Cleburne. July 2014. Retrieved December 2015.
Much of the eastern quadrant is vacant and contains the intermodal rail station.Check date values in:
Media related to Cleburne station at Wikimedia Commons
- Amtrak – Stations – Cleburne, TX
- Amtrak Stations Database
- Cleburne, Texas (CBR) (Amtrak's Great American Stations)
|This Texas train station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|