This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
14 December 1978 |
Birmingham, Alabama, USA
|Pen name||Cleolinda Jones|
|Notable works||Movies in Fifteen Minutes|
Cleolinda "Cleo" Jones is an American writer and blogger. She is the author of the Movies in Fifteen Minutes series of film parodies, which have a large cult following on the internet. In addition to her published books, she is also known for her commentary on pop culture elements, particularly the growth and development of "fandom" culture for Twilight, Harry Potter, The Hunger Games, and Hannibal.
In 2005, Orion Books published Movies in Fifteen Minutes: Hollywood Blockbusters for People Who Can't Be Bothered, a collection of more parodies by Jones. The book has also been published abroad as Cut: Movies in Fifteen Minutes, but has yet to be published in Jones' native United States.
As a follow up to Movies in Fifteen Minutes, Jones has also self-published an e-book, The Annotated Movies in Fifteen Minutes: (1) Wizards. It focuses on her humorous recaps of the Harry Potter films, with fandom commentary, interactive links, and historical notes in addition to the recaps.
Jones's blog was quoted in the MSNBC article "A beginner's guide to 'Twilight' - How to pretend like you know what your teenage daughter is talking about", a commentary written by Dave White.
Her recaps of Season 1 of Hannibal attracted a large following of both fans of the show and entertainment analysts, as Jones often included a meta-analysis of the horror genre elements included in each show for discussion. Her "People in Dracula don't know they're in Dracula" problem analysis was included in The Atlantic feature, "The Formula That's Ruining Teen Movies," in 2013.
In 2014, Jones' work was included in Athena's Daughters, an anthology of science fiction and fantasy stories about women, by women. The project was part of a "Silence in the Library" Kickstarter campaign which later grew to include multiple sequels. Proceeds from the book supported RAINN (Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network), the nation's largest anti-sexual violence organization.
- Jones, Cleolinda - Profile
- Orion Books - Authors: Cleolinda Jones
- Davies, Sue (1 June 2006). "Movies In Fifteen Minutes by Cleolinda Jones".
- Conrad, Peter (13 November 2005). "Tiny things, tiny minds". The Guardian.
- Lulu: Author, Cleolinda Jones
- "Did 'Breaking Dawn' Ruin the Twilight Series?". Vulture. August 5, 2008. Retrieved June 26, 2016.
- White, Dave (November 18, 2008). "A beginner's guide to 'Twilight' - How to pretend like you know what your teenage daughter is talking about". TODAY.com. Retrieved June 26, 2016.
- Dalfonzo, Gina (August 27, 2013). "The Formula That's Ruining Teen Movies". The Atlantic. Retrieved June 26, 2016.