Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up clipping in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Clipping may refer to:
- Clipping (morphology), the formation of a new word by shortening it, e.g. "ad" from "advertisement"
- Clipping (phonetics), shortening the articulation of a speech sound, usually a vowel
- Clipping (publications), the cutting-out of articles from a paper publication
Science and technology
- Coin clipping, shaving off a small portion of precious metal for profit
- Clipping (computer graphics), only drawing things that will be visible to the viewer
- No Clipping (computer games), when the player or another object unrealistically passes through another object
- Clipping (gardening), pruning, removing unwanted portions from a plant
- Clipping (medicine), surgical treatment used to treat an aneurysm
- Clipping (signal processing), a form of distortion that limits a signal once it exceeds a threshold. Some forms include:
- Horse clipping, trimming all or part of a horse's fur horse short
- Sheep shearing
- Wing clipping, trimming a bird's primary flight feathers to disable flight
- Clipping (climbing), the process of protecting against a fall
- Clipping (gridiron football), a penalty in gridiron football
- Clipping (ice hockey), hitting an opposing player below the knees
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Clipping.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.