Close Range: Wyoming Stories
First edition cover
|Author||E. Annie Proulx|
|May 10, 1999|
|Media type||Print (hardback & paperback)|
|LC Class||PS3566.R697 C58 1999|
Close Range: Wyoming Stories is a 1999 collection of short stories written by E. Annie Proulx, beginning in 1997. The stories are set in the desolate landscape of rural Wyoming and detail the often grim lives of the protagonists.
The collection was shortlisted for the Pulitzer Prize for Fiction.
The volume includes 11 short stories:
- "The Half-Skinned Steer"
- "The Mud Below"
- "Job History"
- "The Blood Bay"
- "People in Hell Just Want a Drink of Water"
- "The Bunchgrass Edge of the World"
- "Pair a Spurs"
- "A Lonely Coast"
- "The Governors of Wyoming"
- "55 Miles to the Gas Pump", a brief vignette about a rancher's wife who discovers the corpses of missing women in the attic
- "Brokeback Mountain"
- Don't Fence Me In: Book review by the New York Times
|This article about a collection of short stories is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|