The present disambiguation page holds the title of a primary topic, and an article needs to be written about it. It is believed to qualify as a broad-concept article. It may be written directly at this page or drafted elsewhere and then moved over here. Related titles should be described in Coccoid, while unrelated titles should be moved to Coccoid (disambiguation).
|Look up coccoid in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Coccoid means shaped like or resembling a coccus, that is, spherical.
The noun coccoid or coccoids may refer to:
- a level of organization, characterized by unicellular, non-flagellated, non-amoeboid organisms, with a definite shape, in general but not always ovoid. It is found in many groups, e.g.:
- the superfamily Coccoidea of scale insects
- the Coccidae family within the Coccoidea
- Coccolite, a form of the mineral diopside
- Coccolithophore, a class of phytoplankton (alga)
- Coccolith, a platelet formed by coccolithophore, found in chalk
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Coccoid.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.