December 17, 1973 |
|Alma mater||University of Bucharest|
Codrin Țapu (born 17 December 1973) is a Romanian author and psychologist who has written about the aspects or "hypostases" of personality. His works are centered on describing and changing the "aspects" of personality, as they appear to the observers involved, within a perspective of interconnected spiritual support systems.
Țapu attended the University of Bucharest, where he earned his bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees in psychology. From 1998, he worked as an instructor at the psychology department of Hyperion University. In 2000, he was awarded there the chair of lecturer extraordinary. In 2006, he was appointed an associate professor of psychology at the University of Agronomic Sciences and Veterinary Medicine, being the first chair of the postgraduate module of counseling.
Țapu summarized the hypostatic approach to personality in his 2001 book. The hypostatic model, originated by Charles Sanders Peirce with his "hypostatic abstraction", argues, in Țapu's view, that the person presents herself in a multitude of different aspects or hypostases, depending on the internal and external realities she relates to, including different epistemological approaches to the study of personality. This work is a contribution to life quality management, including counselor's qualities. The hypostatic model describes personality components and dimensions, as well as intra- and interpersonal relations, including dating. Personality is viewed as both an agency and a relatively stable construction, as the model is accompanied by specific methods of assessment and psychotherapy, addressing each of the personality dimensions.
The work of Țapu has been described as inaugurating the field of concrete systems or "hypostatic" psychology. Also, his work has been criticized for containing a large number of neologisms that make it difficult to understand, and for being "doomed to be incomplete".
In his writings on spirituality, Tapu proposes a universal view of deity that even encompasses atheism, addressing controversial matters like guilt and euthanasia in short texts that read like poetry, and providing a provocative lifestyle perspective for people of all backgrounds. The aphoristic style of Tapu was compared to that of the ancient sacred texts, Marcus Aurelius, the Proverbs, Sartre, Blake, Nietzsche, Jesus, Gandhi, the Sufi mystics, Jodorowsky, and Chopra.
|Title||Publication date||Publisher||Place of publication||ISBN / ISSN|
|Fundamente pentru o psihologie a cuplurilor functionale / Basic principles for a psychology of functional couples||2000||Revista de psihologie, Romanian Academy, 3-4, pp. 191–197||Bucharest||ISSN 0034-8759|
|Romanian: Psihologie operatorie: teorie, evaluare, terapie (Operational psychology: theory, assessment, therapy)||2000||Premier||Ploieşti||ISBN 973-80-30-22-6|
|Hypostatic Personality: Psychopathology of Doing and Being Made||2001||Premier||Ploieşti||ISBN 973-8030-59-5|
|Romanian: Dicţionar de psihologie şi psihopatologie: concepte actuale (Dictionary of psychology and psychopathology: current concepts)||2003||Premier||Ploieşti||ISBN 973-8451-13-2|
|Romanian: Tratat de psihologie umanistă sistemică: de la diagnostic la statistică (Textbook of humanistic-systemic psychology: from diagnosis to statistics)||2006||Premier||Ploieşti||ISBN 978-973-740-041-3|
|A humanistic model of burn-out syndrome rehabilitation in agritouristic settings||2007||Scientific Papers Series: Management, Economic Engineering in Agriculture and Rural Development, 7, pp. 507–510||Bucharest||ISBN 978-973-8496-89-7|
|The Complete Guide to Relational Therapy||2011||Lulu||Raleigh, NC||ISBN 978-1-4478-5338-1|
|Învăţături despre a fi (Teachings on Being)||2016||Editura Scrisul Românesc||Craiova||ISBN 978-606-674-135-4|
- Albu, Ioana (2013). Breaking Tapu: A Journey of Being. Accent. p. 7. ISBN 9781304302083.
- (Romanian) Horopciuc, Manuela (2000). "Psihologie sistemica sau ipostatica?" ("Systemic, or hypostatic psychology?" - book review), Viaţa Medicală, 44 (3 November), p. 8
- Donovan, Diane (May 2016). "Donovan's Bookshelf". Midwest Book Review (MBR) Bookwatch. Archived from the original on 25 July 2015. Retrieved 3 May 2015.
- Albu 2013, p. 9
- Albu 2013, p. 10
- (German) Eissa, Tina Louise (2011). Frage und erkenne (Ask and understand), LIT Verlag Münster, p. 118. ISBN 978-3-643-11266-8.
- Short, TL (1997) Hypostatic abstraction in self-consciousness, in Foster, P (ed.) The Rule of Reason: The Philosophy of Charles Sanders Peirce
- Crichton, Andrew. "Personality Manipulation and Change Throughout Life". The Philosopher's Zone. Archived from the original on 31 March 2016. Retrieved 30 March 2013.
- "Essay On Personality Traits". AcademicWritingTips.org. Archived from the original on 13 October 2011. Retrieved 31 March 2013.
- "How we change: hypostases". Mind Models. Retrieved 24 May 2013.
- Manhas, Coral (2012). Personality, burnout, and job satisfaction: a study of HIV/AIDS counsellors in North India, Thesis For the Degree of Doctor of Philosophy in Psychology. Jammu: University of Jammu. p. 32. Retrieved 4 May 2016.
- "Theorien über die Persönlichkeit 2 (Theories of personality 2)". Auf der Suche nach der Persönlichkeit: Eine Reise durch den "Inneren Menschen" (In search of personality: A journey through the "inner man") (in German). K-ICT. Retrieved 19 December 2012.
- (Romanian) Burcu, A. (2004). Managementul calitatii vietii si conditiei umane (Life quality and human condition management), Editura Mega. ISBN 973-87025-9-3, p. 156
- Rodriguez Tessie J (2009). Understanding Human Behavior, Rex Bookstore, Manila, ISBN 9712352447, pp. 191-195.
- Starkey William J. (2011). Cupid's Code: The Psychology of Relationships, Seduction, Marriage & Love. Morning Star Resources. ISBN 978-0-9827253-1-3, p. 132
- Morris, EL (2011). The Good Life in Psychotherapy: Implicit and Influential, BYU ScholarsArchive, p.71
- Thorkildsen, M (2011). Political brokers. On political decision making, Aarhus Universitet, p. 36.
- Mustafa, A (2013). Organisational Behaviour (Second ed.). Cranbrook, Kent: Global Professional Publishing. ISBN 9781908287366. Retrieved 20 April 2015.
- Schiopu, U. (2001) Psihologie operatorie (book review), Societate si handicap, Journal of the National Authority for People with Disabilities, Bucharest, 1-2, ISSN 1454-1904, pp. 137-138
- Geikhman, Yuliya. "The Complete Guide to Relational Therapy". The US Review of Books. Retrieved 17 April 2016.
- Kiss, JF (2013). Istoria psihologiei in România (History of Psychology in Romania). Editura Didactică și Pedagogică. p. 262. ISBN 9789733033783.
- Kiss 2013, p 236
- Ostaciuc, Vasile (2002). "Psihologie operatorie" ("Operatory psychology" - book review), Revista de psihologie. Romanian Academy, 1-2, 148-149
- (Romanian) Horopciuc, Manuela (2003). "Un 'conceptuar' de psihologie moderna" ("A 'conceptuary' of modern psychology" - book review), Viata Medicala, 12 (21 March), p. 7
- Bamberger Scott, Barbara. "Teachings on Being". The US Review of Books. Archived from the original on 2 April 2015. Retrieved 21 March 2015.
- Lock, Anita (12 June 2015). "Teachings on Being". San Francisco Book Review. Archived from the original on 12 June 2015. Retrieved 15 June 2015.
- Lazar, T (2016). "O carte atipica (An atypical book)". Revista Cultura (The Culture Magazine). Romanian Cultural Foundation. 550 (6): 10. Retrieved 17 November 2016.
- Online Book Club. "Teachings on Being - official book review". OnlineBookClub.org. Retrieved 11 February 2016.
- Baum, Henry. "New Releases - Teachings on Being". Self-Publishing Review. Retrieved 11 February 2016.
- Kiss 2013, p 241