This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (November 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Also known as||Silvano Albanese|
|Born||11 July 1983|
Nocera Inferiore, Italy
|Associated acts||Circolo Vizioso, Brokenspeakers|
Silvano Albanese (born 11 July 1983, in Nocera Inferiore, Italy) and better known by his stage name Coez is an Italian singer and rapper.
Born in Nocera Inferiore in the province of Salerno, he grew up in Rome. He studied comedy at Scuola Cinematografica and his first musical project was Circolo Vizioso in collaboration with Franz and Nicco. After a self-titled mixtape, he released his first official release Terapia produced by Ford 78 and Sine.
In 2007, he met Lucci and Bruno Cannavicci (better known as Snais), who were members of the band Unabombers, and with addition of Franz and Nicco from Circolo Vizioso days, the five formed the collective Brokenspeakers. The formation had great success all over Italy even opening for Busta Rhymes.
In parallel with working with the Brokenspeakers, Coez took a solo career and in 2009 released his solo album Figlio di nessuno that also included collaborations with Lucci, Hube, Nicco & Franz, Julia and Supremo73. In November 2011, he released the mixtape Fenomeno mixed with DJ Sine. Coez's first big commercially successful solo single was "Nella casa" followed by the album Non erano fiori on the Carosello Records and in collaboration with Riccardo Sinigallia. The album reached the Top 10 of the official Italian Albums Chart. He was also featured as a newcomer artist in the Music Summer Festival. In 2014, he collaborated with Gemitaiz & MadMan and in September 2015, he released Niente che non va with the single "La rabbia dei secondi" from the album. On May 5, 2017, he released his fourth solo album, Faccio un casino reaching #2 on the Italian Albums Chart. It was certified gold. The title track made it to the Top 10 on the Italian Singles Chart with a second track "La musica non c'è" topping the Italian Singles Chart making it his first #1 hit in Italy. Faccio un casino was nominated for IMPALA's European Album of the Year Award.
|2009||Figlio di nessuno||—|
|2013||Non erano fiori||9|
|2015||Niente che non va||2|
|2017||Faccio un casino||2|
|2019||È sempre bello||1
- 2011: Fenomeno Mixtape
- 2012: Senza mani
- 2016: From the Rooftop
|2017||"Faccio un casino"||9||Faccio un casino|
|"La musica non c'è"||1|
|"Le luci della città"||16|
|"E yo mamma"||40|
|2019||"È sempre bello"||1
- 2011: "E invece no"
- 2012: "Ali sporche"
- 2012: "Forever Alone"
- 2013: "Hangover"
- 2013: "Siamo morti insieme"
- 2014: "Instagrammo" (with Gemitaiz & MadMan)
- 2015: "La rabbia dei secondi"
- 2016: "Jet"
- 2016: "Niente di che"
- 2016: "Lontana da me"
- "22 acts in the running for best European independent album". 6 March 2018. Archived from the original on 9 March 2018. Retrieved 6 March 2018.
- "Coez discography". italiancharts.com. Hung Medien. Retrieved 27 November 2017.
- "Italian album certifications – Coez – Faccio un casino" (in Italian). Federazione Industria Musicale Italiana. Retrieved 29 January 2018. Select "Tutti gli anni" in the "Anno" drop-down menu. Select "Faccio un casino" in the "Filtra" field. Select "Album e Compilation" under "Sezione".
- "Album – Classifica settimanale WK 14 (dal 29.03.2019 al 04.04.2019)" (in Italian). Federazione Industria Musicale Italiana. Retrieved 6 April 2019.
- "Top Singoli – Classifica settimanale WK 3" (in Italian). Federazione Industria Musicale Italiana. Retrieved 19 January 2019.