(Redirected from Coherent)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up coherence, coherency, coherent, incoherence, or incoherent in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Coherence, coherency, or coherent may refer to the following,:
- Coherence (physics), an ideal property of waves that enables stationary (i.e. temporally and spatially constant) interference
- Coherence (units of measurement), a derived unit that, for a given system of quantities and for a chosen set of base units, is a product of powers of base units with no other proportionality factor than one
- Coherence time, the time over which a propagating wave (especially a laser or maser beam) may be considered coherent; the time interval within which its phase is, on average, predictable
- Coherence (philosophical gambling strategy), a concept in Bayesian statistics
- Coherence (signal processing), a statistic that can be used to examine the relation between two signals or data sets
- Coherence (statistics), a property of self-consistency across a set of assessments, or the strength of association between two series
- Coherence condition in category theory, a collection of conditions requiring that various compositions of elementary morphisms are equal
- Coherent sampling, a relationship used in Fast Fourier transforms
- Coherent set of characters in representation theory, a property of sets of characters that allows one to extend an isometry from the degree-zero subspace of a space of characters to the whole space
- Coherent sheaf, a specific class of sheaves having particularly manageable properties closely linked to the geometrical properties of the underlying space
- Mutual coherence (linear algebra), sometimes referred to as coherence, the maximum absolute value of the cross-correlations between the columns of a matrix
- Multi-spectral phase coherence, a generalized nonlinear cross-frequency phase coupling metric introduced by Yang et al, 2016.
- Coherentism, philosophical theories in modern epistemology, the study of knowledge
- Coherence theory of truth, a theory which regards truth as coherence within some specified set of sentences, propositions or beliefs
- Coherence (programming language), an experimental programming language based upon Subtext
- Cache coherence, a special case of memory coherence
- Memory coherence, a concept in computer architecture
- Coherence (software), a component of Parallels Desktop for Mac, the Windows virtualization software
- Coherence (UPNP), some free DLNA/UPnP tools (MediaServer/MediaRender) with a Python framework
- Coherent (operating system), a UNIX-clone operating system
- Oracle Coherence, an in-memory data grid product from Oracle
- Coherence (cognitive science), a property of mental/cognitive states
- Coherence (linguistics), what makes a text semantically meaningful
- Coherence (music theory), a synonym for strict Rothenberg propriety in diatonic set theory
- Coherent optical module, a hot-pluggable optical transceiver implementing a coherent modulation algorithm
- Coherence time (communications systems), duration when a communication channel can be assumed to be constant
- Coherent, Inc., a company specializing in equipment to make and measure coherent light (lasers)
- Coherent risk measure in financial economics, a function that satisfies properties of monotonicity, sub-additivity, homogeneity, and translational invariance
- Coherence (film), a 2013 science fiction film by James Ward Byrkit
- Cohesion (disambiguation)
- Mutual coherence (disambiguation)
- All pages beginning with "coherence"
- All pages beginning with "coherent"
disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Coherence.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.