|Born||July 4, 1936|
|Occupation||geographer, university professor|
Cole Harris, Canadian geographer and university professor.(born July 4, 1936) is a
In 1964 Harris joined the University of Toronto as an Assistant Professor, and became an Associate Professor in 1971. Later that year he joined the University of British Columbia as an Associate Professor, and became a Professor at that university in 1973.
Harris was made a Fellow of the Royal Society of Canada in 1982. The Royal Canadian Geographical Society awarded Harris a Gold Medal in 1988, and awarded him the Massey Medal in 2003. Harris was made an Officer of the Order of Canada in 2004.
- The Seigneurial System in Early Canada: A Geographical Study - 1966
- Canada Before Confederation: A Study in Historical Geography - 1974 (edited with John Warkentin)
- Letters from Windermere, 1912-1914 - 1984 ISBN 0-7748-0394-0 (edited with Elizabeth Phillips)
- Historical Atlas of Canada, vol. I: From the Beginning to 1800 - 1987
- The Resettlement of British Columbia: Essays on Colonialism and Geographical Change - 1997
- Making Native Space: Colonialism, Resistance, and Reserves in British Columbia - 2003 (nominated for the Hubert Evans Non-Fiction Prize)
- The Reluctant Land: Society, Space, and Environment in Canada before Confederation - 2009
|This biographical article about a geographer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Canadian scientist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|