Colin Brazier (footballer)
|Full name||Colin James Brazier|
|Date of birth||6 June 1957|
|Place of birth||Solihull, England|
|Height||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Playing position||Central defender|
|1981–1982||Jacksonville Tea Men||42||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
Colin James Brazier (born 6 June 1957) is an English former professional footballer who played as a defender in the Football League for Wolverhampton Wanderers, Birmingham City, Lincoln City and Walsall, and in the North American Soccer League for the Jacksonville Tea Men.
Brazier began his career with Wolverhampton Wanderers as an apprentice in 1973, turning professional two years later, and made his senior debut on 2 February 1977 in a 1–0 win over Ipswich Town in the FA Cup. Although he managed 91 appearances for the team over five seasons, he was never able to become a regular player. His best run of games came in the latter half of the 1979–80 season; he was included in the matchday squad for the 1980 League Cup Final at Wembley, but ended up as an unused substitute as Wolves defeated Nottingham Forest. He played his last game for the club in February 1982.
He joined Birmingham City in October 1982 after completing his second season playing for the Jacksonville Tea Men in the North American Soccer League, but left the club a few months later after a disagreement with the manager. He played one game for AP Leamington and ended the season with Lincoln City. He spent three seasons back in the Midlands with Walsall before joining Conference club Kidderminster Harriers. With Kidderminster, Brazier won the FA Trophy in 1987, reached the final of the 1989 Welsh Cup, and was capped by the England semi-professional team. He finished his career at Tamworth.
- "Colin Brazier". Barry Hugman's Footballers. Retrieved 9 July 2015.
- Williams, Tony, ed. (1988). Non League Club Directory 1989. Tony Williams Publications. p. 189. ISBN 978-1-869833-09-1.
- Harman, John, ed. (2005). Alliance to Conference 1979–2004: The first 25 years. Tony Williams Publications. pp. 389, 399. ISBN 978-1-869833-52-7.
- "North American Soccer League Players Colin Brazier". NASL Jerseys. Dave Morrison. Retrieved 10 December 2009.
- Matthews, Tony (1995). Birmingham City: A Complete Record. Derby: Breedon Books. p. 74. ISBN 978-1-85983-010-9.
- "Team Details: 1976–1977". Wolves-Stats. Retrieved 10 December 2009.
- "Players. A–Z". Wolves-Stats. Archived from the original on 27 February 2012.
- "Team Details: 1979–1980". Wolves-Stats. Archived from the original on 27 February 2012.
- "Team Details: 1981–1982". Wolves-Stats. Archived from the original on 27 February 2012.
- "Heartbreak at the Hawthorns". Brewersnet. Archived from the original on 28 August 2008.
- "Welsh Cup Final 1988/89". Welsh Football Data Archive. Retrieved 10 December 2009.
- Williams, p. 43.
- Edwards, Leigh. "Ultimate Saddlers A–Z 3". Walsall F.C. Archived from the original on 19 February 2012.