Collision (computer science)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Collision may refer to:
- Hash collision (see: hash collision resolution), where a hashing function maps two distinct inputs to the same output.
- Transmission collision (see: collision domain), where more than one device attempts to send a packet on a network segment at the same time.
This section does not cite any sources. (July 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Birthday attack
- Collision attack (cryptographic hash functions)
- Collision resolution, in the context of hash tables
- Delimiter collision
- Name collision
- Perfect hash function, a hash function that is free of collisions by design