A train wreck, train collision, train accident or train crash is a type of disaster involving one or more trains. Train wrecks often occur as a result of miscommunication, as when a moving train meets another train on the same track; or an accident, such as when a train wheel jumps off a track in a derailment; or when a boiler explosion occurs. Train wrecks have often been widely covered in popular media and in folklore.
Train wreck gallery
- "Definition of CORNFIELD MEET". www.merriam-webster.com. Retrieved 2021-07-19.
- Aldrich, Mark. Death Rode the Rails: American Railroad Accidents and Safety, 1828-1965 (2006) excerpt
- Vaughan, Adrian. Obstruction Danger: Significant British Railway Accidents, 1890-1986 (Motorbooks International, 1989). online
- BBC News: World's worst rail disasters
- A signalman (1874). . London: Longmans, Green, & Co.