From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up commute, commutation, commutative, or commutativity in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Commute, commutation or commutative may refer to:
- Commuting, the process of travelling between a place of residence and a place of work
- Commutative property, a property of a mathematical operation whose result is insensitive to the order of its arguments
- Equivariant map, a function whose composition with another function has the commutative property
- Commutative diagram, a graphical description of commuting compositions of arrows in a mathematical category
- Commutative semigroup, commutative monoid, abelian group, and commutative ring, algebraic structures with the commutative property
- Commuting matrices, sets of matrices whose products do not depend on the order of multiplication
- Commutation of sentence, a reduction in severity of punishment
- Commutation (neurophysiology), how certain neural circuits in the brain exhibit noncommutativity
- Commutation, a synonym for switching in computer networking and telecommunications
- Commutation, the action of applying currents or voltages to the proper electrical motor phases so as to produce optimum motor torque at a motor's shaft. See Commutator (electric).
- Commutation, where a member of a pension scheme gives up part or their entire pension in exchange for an immediate lump sum payment. It is also known as a cash option
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Commute.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.