||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (June 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Compare++ is an auxiliary tool for programmers and Web developers. The tool can syntax-aware compare text files and folders quickly, do 3way merge. It is useful to detect differences of codes and match. In the review of Softsea in the June 2, 2010, Compare++ was awarded 5 Stars Rating. Compare++ runs on Microsoft Windows and is compatible with Windows 7.
On May 31, 2010, Compare++ got an Editor's Pick by Brothersoft. The editor described that "Compare++ structured compares and merges code, files and folders, and can detect function changes" and "highlights differences in a side-by-side interface".
According to the description on pcmag.com, Compare++ includes following features:
- Do data comparison, source code structured comparison, smart code diff and Directory synchronization;
- Ignore comment, newline, pure format changes;
- "Compare similar functions even from different files";
- Aligns and compares "sub-sections of files such as C++ functions, classes";
- "In-place editing and comparing of files";
- "Compare or open the containing folder for loaded files";
- Integrates with other products such as revision control system;
- command line interface;
Warning: According to Norton, BrotherSoft is rated red. Use it with extreme caution.
- "A useful auxiliary tool for file/code comparison". PCHome.de. 2010-06-02. Retrieved 2010-06-05.
- "Softsea editors review". Softsea. 2010-05-30. Retrieved 2010-06-05.
- "Compare++ - Windows 7 Download awards". Windows7Download. 2010-06-04. Retrieved 2010-06-05.
- "Brothersoft editors review". Brothersoft. 2010-05-31. Retrieved 2010-06-05.
- "Diff-tools:What is all that miserable?". rsdn.ru. 2010-05-15. Retrieved 2010-06-05.
- "Compare++'s Description". PCMAG.COM. 2010-05-28. Retrieved 2010-06-05.