Concha García Campoy
Concha García Campoy
|Died||10 July 2013 (aged 54)|
|Occupation||Journalist and news anchor|
Concepción García Campoy (28 October 1958 – 10 July 2013), also known as Concha García Campoy, was a Spanish radio and television journalist and personality.
She started her professional career in 1979 as local anchor in Cadena COPE of a current affairs program called Antena Pública. Later in 1983 she entered the News Service of Televisión Española for the Balearic islands.
On 7 January 1985 she debuted as anchor of the noon edition of Telediario, along with Manuel Campo Vidal. During this period she also directed the morning program Las mañanas de Radio 1.
In 1987 she returned to radio after being hired by Cadena SER and started anchoring the program A vivir que son dos días. In 1991 she returned to TVE where she anchored Mira 2 and two years later was hired by Antena 3 Radio.
In 1994 she was anchor in Onda Cero of various programs, including Noches de radio.
In 2006 she was hired by Cuatro to anchor, from 4 October until 24 December 2010, the morning magazine Las mañanas de Cuatro. In January 2011 she was hired as anchor of the morning edition of Informativos Telecinco.
Illness and death
In January 2012 García Campoy announced that she was diagnosed with leukemia and was stepping down as television anchor. Despite initially answering well to her treatment, in January 2013 she suffered a relapse.
García Campoy died on 10 July 2013 in a Valencia hospital, due to acute liver failure. Her funeral took place on 12 July in Madrid. It was attended by colleagues and politicians such as Tomás Gómez and Alfredo Pérez Rubalcaba . She was cremated and her ashes scattered on a beach in Ibiza.
- La chispa de la vida (2011)
- Sinfín (2005) as TV newscaster
- 7 vidas (2005) as vendedora
- Los peores años de nuestra vida (1994)
- La reina anónima (1992) as Enfermera
- La mujer de tu vida (1990)
- El rey del mambo (1989)
- "Concha García Campoy deja temporalmente los informativos de Telecinco a causa de una enfermedad". Hola! (in Spanish). 10 January 2012. Retrieved 19 December 2018.
- "Concha García Campoy estrena programa en Telecinco". ABC.es (in Spanish). Madrid. 2 April 2012. Retrieved 19 December 2018.
- "García Campoy: "Tengo leucemia, pero también ánimo de lucha"". Público (in Spanish). Madrid: Display Connectors, SL. 9 January 2012. Archived from the original on 16 July 2013. Retrieved 19 December 2018.
- "La periodista Concha García Campoy fallece a los 54 años". elmundo.es (in Spanish). Madrid: Unidad Editorial Información General S.L.U. 10 July 2013. Retrieved 19 December 2018.
- EFE (12 July 2013). "Familiares y amigos dan su último adiós a la periodista Concha García Campoy". 20 Minutos (in Spanish). Retrieved 19 December 2018.
- Burgos, Santi; Naranjo, Emilio; Álvarez, Carlos (12 July 2013). "Velatorio de Concha García Campoy". El País (in Spanish). Prisa. Retrieved 19 December 2018.
- "Concha García Campoy descansa ya en su Ibiza. Andrés Vicente Gómez y Lorenzo Díaz, los grandes ausentes". Europa Press (in Spanish). Madrid. 19 July 2013. Retrieved 19 December 2018.
- Verbo, Eduardo (13 January 2012). "Homenaje improvisado a Concha García- Campoy". El Confidencial (in Spanish). Vanitatis. Archived from the original on 12 March 2014. Retrieved 17 October 2013.