|Look up iot or -iot in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Connected Devices may refer to:
- Internet of Things (IoT), describes a world in which objects that form part of our everyday lives can communicate through various networks.
- Web of Things (WoT), is a term used to describe approaches, software architectural styles and programming patterns that allow real-world objects to be part of the World Wide Web.
- Smart device, is an electronic device, generally connected to other devices or networks via different wireless protocols such as Bluetooth, NFC, Wi-Fi, 3G, etc., that can operate to some extent interactively and autonomously.
- Home automation devices (or smart home devices), the residential extension of building automation and involves the control and automation of lighting, heating, ventilation, air conditioning (HVAC), appliances, and security.
- Mobile device, is a small computing device, typically small enough to be handheld (and hence also commonly known as a handheld computer or simply handheld).
- Mobile Internet device, is a multimedia-capable mobile device providing wireless Internet access.
- Wearable computers, also known as body-borne computers or wearables are miniature electronic devices that are worn under, with or on top of clothing.
- Smart environment
- Smart grid
- Indoor positioning system
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Connected Devices.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.