Conseil du patronat du Québec
The Conseil du patronat du Québec or CPQ (English: Quebec Council of Employers) is an institution that promotes business interests in Quebec, Canada.
The CPQ's positions often favour a corporate-friendly governance, fiscal conservatism and constitutional stability or status quo.
Yves-Thomas Dorval is the CPQ's current president.
Presidents of the CPQ
|1||Charles Perrault||January 1969||May 1976|
|2||Pierre Des Marais, II||May 1976||May 1978|
|3||Pierre Côté||May 1978||May 1982|
|4||Sébastien Allard||May 1982||June 1986|
|5||Ghislain Dufour||June 1986||February 1997|
|6||Denis Beauregard||February 1997||June 1998|
|7||Gilles Taillon ||June 1998||January 2006 |
|8||Michel Kelly-Gagnon||April 2006||March 2009|
|9||Yves-Thomas Dorval||March 2009||Current|
Presidents of the Board of Administration of the CPQ
|1||Marcel Bundock||June 1986||June 1988|
|2||Jeannine Guillevin Wood||June 1988||June 1990|
|3||Guy Laflamme||June 1990||June 1994|
|4||Jim Hewitt||June 1994||February 1997|
|5||Ghislain Dufour||February 1997||June 1998|
|6||André Y. Fortier||June 1998||June 2002|
|7||Guy G. Dufresne||June 2002||November 2006|
|8||John LeBoutillier||November 2006||Current|
- L'historique du CPQ, Conseil du patronat du Québec
- Yves-Thomas Dorval prend la barre, March 25, 2009
- Le CPQ remercie Diane Bellemare pour sa contribution à l’organisme, April 23, 2007
- Since the 2007 provincial election, Gilles Taillon has served as the Action démocratique du Québec Member of the National Assembly of Quebec for the district of Chauveau.
- Research Vice-President Diane Bellemare was Acting President from January until April 2006. See the following article: Michel Kelly-Gagnon appointed President of Quebec’s Conseil du patronat, Conseil du patronat du Québec, February 7, 2006