Copenhagen Climate Challenge
During the United Nations Climate Change Conference 2009 (COP15), there was a rival conference in Copenhagen, Denmark, for sceptics, called the Copenhagen Climate Challenge. which was organised by the Committee for a Constructive Tomorrow.
While COP15 attracted 33,200 delegates, the rival sceptic conference was attended by 60 people (15 journalists, 18 speakers, 27 audience). According to Lenore Taylor of The Australian, the attendees had an average age "well over 60". In closing his speech, Plimer stated that “They’ve got us outnumbered, but we’ve got them outgunned, and that’s with the truth.” Plimer also stated that "It's been freezing in Perth and bucketing down". Perth had below average rainfall in 2009, and temperatures of 38 °C (100 °F) were forecast for December 13.
- "COPENHAGEN CALLING: Bolstering Barack - Giles Parkinson - News - Business Spectator". www.businessspectator.com.au. Retrieved 2009-12-09.
- Gray, Louise (2009-12-09). "Copenhagen climate summit: Behind the scenes at the sceptics' conference - Telegraph". London: telegraph.co.uk. Retrieved 2009-12-10.
- "Plimer addresses Copenhagen 'heretics'". smh.com.au. 2009-12-09. Retrieved 2009-12-09.
- "Plimer the toast of Copenhagen sceptics meeting". The Australian. 2009-12-10. Retrieved 2009-12-10.
- "It's been freezing in Perth and bucketing down, says climate sceptic Ian Plimer". Perth Now. Retrieved 2009-12-09.