|Founder||Peter Pi, Sr.|
|Fate||takeover (after bankruptcy in November, 2017)|
Cor-Bon/Glaser LLC is a manufacturer of small arms ammunition.
Based in Sturgis, South Dakota, Cor-Bon/Glaser Ammunition originated when Peter Pi Sr. started making handgun hunting ammo in 1982 because the commonly available ammunition at that time was performing poorly. Pi noticed that hollow point ammunition would not expand and went about creating a line of ammunition with reliable expansion.
In 2017 the Company was sold to TA Perrine and moved to Wooster, OH.
CorBon Law Enforcement Training Center
On June 23, 2011 the company opened the CorBon Law Enforcement Training Center (CLETC) in Sturgis, South Dakota. The center has several shooting ranges to train law enforcement officers. CLETC closed in 2015 due to a lack of business.
Cor-bon produces several product lines of ammunition:
- Original JHP
- DPX 
- Performance Match
- Urban Response
- Hunting Lines
- Multi-Purpose Rifle
- Subsonic Ammo
Glaser Safety Slug has several product lines:
- Safety Slug Blue
- Safety Slug Silver
Note: Some of these products produce Plus P pressures. Do not use in your firearms unless you know for certain it is Plus P capable!
Cor-Bon designed and developed the .32 NAA, essentially a .380 ACP case necked-down to a .32 caliber bullet, and the NAA Guardian .32 NAA pocket pistol in partnership with North American Arms (NAA). At the 2004 SHOT Show, Cor-Bon and NAA introduced their jointly developed .25 NAA.
Cor-bon is owned by Dakota Ammo Incorporated, makers of firearms and ammunition.
- "Best Choices in Self-Defense Ammo". shootershaven.com. Retrieved 26 February 2017.
“With few exceptions, such as the Speer 135 gr +P JHP and Barnes XPB, the vast majority of .38 Sp JHP’s fail to expand when fired from 2″ barrels in the 4 layer denim test
- "CorBon Law Enforcement Training Center (CLETC) Opened June 23". Sturgis Economic Development Corp. Archived from the original on 27 February 2017. Retrieved 27 December 2017.
- "Cor-Bon". corbon.com. Retrieved 26 February 2017.[permanent dead link]
- Hawks, Chuck. "Cor-Bon DPX Handgun Ammunition". chuckhawks.com. Retrieved 26 February 2017.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-05-04. Retrieved 2012-05-13.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-09-26. Retrieved 2014-02-05.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "VELOCITY AND PIEZOELECTRIC TRANSDUCER PRESSURE:" (PDF). saami.org. Archived from the original (PDF) on 19 March 2015. Retrieved 26 February 2017.
- GUNS Magazine, "Storm from the East," by Clair Rees (1999). Retrieved from Bnet on July 5, 2008.
- Sapp, Rick (Jun 14, 2010). The Gun Digest Book of Green Shooting:. Gun Digest Books. p. 149. ISBN 978-1-4402-1459-2.
Peter Pi Sr. founded Dakota Ammunition manufacturer of Corbon/Glaser Products
- Boyle, Mike. "Hot Shot: A Look at Premium Ammo". usconcealedcarry.com. Retrieved 26 February 2017.
The hands down winner of the day was CorBon DPX 115 grain +P HP.
- Anonymous. "AMMUNITION FOR THE SELF-DEFENSE FIREARM". chuckhawks.com. Retrieved 26 February 2017.
Glaser Safety Slugs, made by Cor-Bon, are one exotic round I can fully recommend