|Full name||Cornell Norman Hess|
|Date of birth||1 March 1989|
|Place of birth||Wynberg, Cape Town|
|Height||2.00 m (6 ft 6 1⁄2 in)|
|Weight||107 kg (236 lb)|
|School||Afrikaanse Hoër Seunskool|
|University||University of Stellenbosch|
|Rugby union career|
He made his first team debut for the Blue Bulls in the opening game of the 2010 Vodacom Cup, coming on as a substitute in their game against Griquas. He made a total of 28 appearances in this competition over the next three seasons and finally made his Currie Cup debut in the 2012 Currie Cup Premier Division.
Eastern Province Kings
In January 2015, Hess had a trial spell with Port Elizabeth-based side the Eastern Province Kings prior to the 2015 season. Following the trial, he was offered a contract for the duration of the 2015 Vodacom Cup competition. He made his debut for the EP Kings in their second match of the competition, coming on as a second-half replacement in a 27–17 victory over Eastern Cape rivals the Border Bulldogs in East London.
- "SA Rugby Player Profile – Cornell Hess". South African Rugby Union. Retrieved 30 May 2016.
- "SA Rugby Match Centre – Griquas 17-22 Blue Bulls". South African Rugby Union. 26 February 2010. Retrieved 1 July 2016.
- "Drie Bulle, nóg agt op pad na Griekwas". Media24 (in Afrikaans). Beeld. 26 August 2013. Retrieved 26 August 2013.
- "Young stars out to impress Kings". Herald Live. 14 January 2015. Retrieved 14 January 2015.
- "EP Kings announce their Vodacom Cup squad". Eastern Province Rugby. 30 January 2015. Archived from the original on 1 February 2015. Retrieved 1 February 2015.
- "SA Rugby Match Centre – Border Bulldogs 17-27 EP Kings". South African Rugby Union. 27 March 2015. Retrieved 1 July 2016.