Cassette inlay for Cosmic Cruiser
|Developer(s)||Steve Lavache, Simon Bell|
The object of the game is to fight off an alien raiding party that has taken over a distant space station and save the crew.
The player controls the astronaut, whose first objective is to navigate to the laser cannon and blast holes into the side of the space station through which he can enter. Once inside the space station the astronaut must locate and rescue any crew members, while avoiding hostile aliens.
While Home Computing Weekly praised the "excellent sound, colour and graphics" and described it as a "fast and addictive game", Crash criticised a number of its elements, summing it up as "unplayable and very soon completely pointless".
- "Cosmic Cruiser advertisement" (JPEG). Imagine Software. 1984. Retrieved 2013-02-25.
- "Cosmic Cruiser cassette inlay" (JPEG). Cosmic Cruiser. Imagine Software. 1984. Retrieved 2013-02-25.
- "Cosmic Cruiser review". Crash. 6: 51. July 1984.
- "Cosmic Cruiser review". Home Computing Weekly: 24. April 1984.
- Cosmic Cruiser at SpectrumComputing.co.uk