In 1932 he entered the Athens School of Fine Arts where he studied under Costas Dimitriadis. Completing his studies in 1937, he worked as a sculptor in Athens until 1945, then was granted a scholarship by the French government.
In 1979, he was nominated as a Knight in the Orders of Arts and Letters by the Ministry of Culture and Communication of the French Government.
In 1987, he became a member of the corresponding French Academy of Fine Arts.
Valsamis was married to Zoe Valsamis, a painter and graduate of the Ecole des Beaux-Arts in Paris.
- Heroic Woman, plaster, Middelheimmuseum.
- The Purity, bronze, Parc Montsouris.
- The Mother in the occupation, bronze, the first cemetery of Athens.
- El Greco, bronze bust, Academias street, the square of the cultural center of Athens.
- The Little Fisherman, bronze, Symi.
- The Dove of Peace, Symi.
- Benezit, Dictionary of Artists.
- Dizionario Universale delle Belle Arti Comanducci.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2010-02-18. Retrieved 2012-10-17.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2009-08-03. Retrieved 2009-03-30.