Cotulla–La Salle County Airport
|Cotulla–La Salle County Airport|
|Owner||City of Cotulla/La Salle County|
|Elevation AMSL||474 ft / 144 m|
Cotulla–La Salle County Airport (IATA: COT, ICAO: KCOT, FAA LID: COT) is a public use airport located one nautical mile (1.85 km) northeast of the central business district of Cotulla, a city in La Salle County, Texas, United States. It is owned by the City of Cotulla and La Salle County. According to the FAA's National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2009–2013, it is categorized as a general aviation facility.
Facilities and aircraft
Cotulla–La Salle County Airport covers an area of 317 acres (128 ha) at an elevation of 474 feet (144 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 13/31 with an asphalt surface measuring 5,005 by 75 feet (1,526 x 23 m).
For the 12-month period ending December 31, 2008, the airport had 7,900 aircraft operations, an average of 21 per day: 70% general aviation, 25% military, and 5% air taxi. At that time there were 9 aircraft based at this airport: 33.3% single-engine, 11.1% multi-engine and 55.6% helicopter.
- FAA Airport Master Record for COT ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective 3 June 2010.
- National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2009–2013: Appendix A: Part 5 (PDF, 1.18 MB) Archived June 6, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.. Federal Aviation Administration. Updated 15 October 2008.
- Cotulla–La Salle County (COT) at Texas DOT Airport Directory
- Page Aviation, the fixed-base operator (FBO)
- Aerial image as of 21 February 2002 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for COT, effective July 20, 2017
- Resources for this airport: