|Location||N Campus Dr and Stadium Rd
Brookings, South Dakota 57007
|Owner||South Dakota State University|
|Operator||South Dakota State University|
|Opened||September 22, 1962|
|Closed||November 7, 2015|
|South Dakota State Jackrabbits (NCAA) (1962–2015)|
Coughlin–Alumni Stadium was a stadium in Brookings, South Dakota, United States, on the campus of South Dakota State University. It is the home venue of the South Dakota State Jackrabbits football team. The stadium opened in 1962. Demolition of the stadium began on November 9, 2015. Capacity at the time of its closing sat 16,700 spectators.
- New stadium - In 2014, a proposal for a new football stadium was approved, and construction began on Dana J. Dykehouse Stadium, which is being built in two phases on the site of Coughlin–Alumni Stadium. New seating on the east and south sides of the stadium was completed for the opening of the 2015 season, which increased seating capacity from the original 15,000. Following the 2015 season, the main grandstand of Coughlin–Alumni Stadium was torn down to make way for completion of the new west grandstand, press tower, and a new playing field with artificial turf. The new stadium will be completed by the beginning of the 2016 season.
- Jeff Harkness (November 9, 2015). "South Dakota State Says Goodbye to Coughlin-Alumni Stadium as Final Demolition Begins". ESPN 99.1 FM. ESPN 99.1 FM. Retrieved June 26, 2016.
- 2015 Jackrabbit Football Media Guide. South Dakota State University. 2015. p. 3. Retrieved September 9, 2015.
- "Timeline". South Dakota State University. 2015. Retrieved September 9, 2015.
- No URL found. Please specify a URL here or add one to Wikidata.
|This article about a sports venue in South Dakota is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|