Coventry History Centre
The History Centre from the covered court of Herbert Art Gallery and Museum.
|Location||Jordan Well, Coventry, England|
|Curator||Liz Doull (Senior Archivist)|
|Owner||Coventry Heritage and Arts Trust|
|Public transit access||Pool Meadow bus station|
Coventry History Centre is a records archive and local history centre for the city of Coventry, England. It is housed in Herbert Art Gallery and Museum and is one of 4 institutions owned by the Coventry Heritage and Arts Trust, the other three being Herbert Art Gallery and Museum, the Lunt Roman Fort and the Priory Visitor Centre at St. Mary's Priory and Cathedral.
The History Centre was set up in 2008 during the refurbishment of Herbert Art Gallery and Museum, and was designed by Demco Interiors. It was set up to combine the former Coventry Archives and Local Studies Library.
- Oral history recordings
- Printed books and pamphlets
- "Coventry History Centre". The National Archives. Retrieved 6 April 2012.
- "Coventry Heritage and Arts Trust | The Herbert". Herbert Art Gallery and Museum. Retrieved 6 April 2012.
- "Coventry History Centre". Demco interiors. Retrieved 6 April 2012.
- "Coventry FHS - News Page". Coventry Family History Society. Retrieved 6 April 2012.
- "History Centre". Coventry City Council. Retrieved 6 April 2012.
- Dayle Crutchlow (9 January 2008). "Herbert showcase to open...slowly". Coventry Telegraph. Coventry Evening Telegraph. Retrieved 23 April 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Coventry History Centre.|