|Body and chassis|
|Class||Sports car (S)|
|Body style||2-door coupe|
|Engine||4.2 L (4200 cc) V8|
|Wheelbase||2,750 mm (108.3 in)|
|Length||4,180 mm (164.6 in)|
|Width||1,990 mm (78.3 in)|
|Height||1,080 mm (42.5 in)|
|Curb weight||1,150 kg (2,535 lb) (dry weight)|
The Covini C6W is an Italian 2-seat 2-door sports coupé with a removable roof section. Inspiration for the car was taken from the 1976 Tyrrell P34, which had two pairs of smaller front wheels, a principle applied to the C6W. The project was started in 1974 but abandoned shortly after, and left dormant into the 1980s due to the lack of availability of low-profile tires at the time. In 2003 the project was revived and in 2004 the C6W was shown in prototype form. In 2005 a slightly revised version debuted at the Salon International de l'Auto, featuring new wheels, new roof structure and a refreshed interior, and went into limited production of 6-8 cars per year, as a result of a tie-up between PMI and Covini Engineering. The car features a rear, 4200 cc 8-cylinder engine and has a top speed of 186 mph (299 km/h).
- Drive wheels: RWD
- Construction: Fiberglass and carbon fiber body over tubular steel frame
- Front brakes: Brembo disc brakes, with ABS
- Fuel feed: Direct petrol injection
- Induction: Naturally Aspirated
- Total displacement: 4.2 L (256.3 in³)
- Maximum power: 440 PS (324 kW; 434 hp) @ 6400 rpm
- Maximum torque: 470 N⋅m (350 lb⋅ft) @ 2700 rpm
- V8: built by Audi
Twin front axle
- FAB 1 (fictional car)
- Ford Seattle-ite XXI (concept car)
- Panther 6
- Thunderbolt (speed record car)
- Tyrrell P34
- Bedford VAL
Twin rear axle
- Ferrari 312T6
- March 2-4-0
- Williams FW07D and Williams FW08B
- Charles T. Pratt's 6-wheeler 1907 
- Pat Clancy Special Powered by a Meyer-Drake engine, it sported no less than six wheels; it was raced at the Indianapolis 500 in 1948. 
- 1923 Hispano Suiza Victoria Town Car Model H6A Barcelona 
- some Auto Unions
- Citroën’s 6-wheel Cruise Crosser concept 
- Dodge Ram T-Rex 6X6 only a handful made 
- USA 6X6 T-Rex evolved from Dodge Ram T-Rex 6X6 
- Mercedes-Benz G63 AMG 6x6
- 6-wheeled Range Rovers
- Stretched 6-wheel Hummers
- 6-wheeled Citroëns
- 6- wheel Camaro Sport Wagon by Roly Fernandez, built in 1988
- 6-wheel military tire hot rod by Sean Hartman; chassis is an upside down 1944 Dodge WC 62 troop carrier, the body is a 1935 Dodge pickup, powertrain is from a 1966 Chevelle. 
- 1980 6-wheel Chevrolet El Camino
- Covini C6W
- "Covini Engineering. C6W". Archived from the original on 2018-08-07. Retrieved 2006-12-26.
- Hemmings "Genius inaction: the six-wheeled automobile", Jan 26th, 2010
- "Cars with 6 wheels", Sep 4, 2009
- Forney Museum "Car with movie career"
- "Citroën's six wheel Cruise Crosser Concept".
- KI4CY. "Dodge Ram T-Rex Concept truck".
- KI4CY. "Ram Photos".
- "Never seen one before, probably never see another", February 10, 2010
- Covini Engineering – official Covini website.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Covini C6W.|