Craig H. Barratt
|Craig H. Barratt|
Craig Barratt opening NASDAQ market 2006
May 12, 1962|
|Alma mater||Stanford University|
|Board member of||Intuitive Surgical|
Barratt previously served as the CEO of Atheros from 2003, through its IPO in 2004 until its acquisition by Qualcomm in 2011. He continued as President of Qualcomm Atheros upon the close of the acquisition in May 2011 until early 2013. Barratt then served as Senior Vice President, Access and Energy, at Google from 2012 until 2016.
Open Source Software
Barratt holds Ph.D. and Master of Science degrees from Stanford University, as well as a Bachelor of Engineering degree in electrical engineering and a Bachelor of Science degree in pure mathematics and physics from the University of Sydney in Australia. He completed high school at Barker College in 1979.
Barratt is the co-author of a book on Linear Controller Design, which is now freely available online.
- "Ushering in the next era of growth". Barefoot Networks Blog. 7 February 2017.
- Ashlee Vance (5 January 2011). "Silicon Valley's Other Craig (Barratt) Cashes In". Businessweek.com.
- "Qualcomm Completes $3.1 Billion Acquisition of Atheros Communications - Qualcomm". Qualcomm.
- Rolfe Winkler and Alistair Barr (23 June 2014). "A New Face Near the Top of Google". Wall Street Journal. Dow Jones and Company, Inc.
- Alistair Barr (23 January 2015). "Google's Wireless Efforts Are Led by a Geek's Geek". Wall Street Journal. Dow Jones & Company, Inc.
- "Advancing Our Amazing Bet". Google Fiber Blog. 25 October 2016.
- Roberts, Timothy (28 April 2002). "Just passing through". Silicon Valley Business Journal.
- "Intuitive Surgical - Board of Directors". intuitivesurgical.com.
- Boyd, Stephen P; Barratt, Craig H (1991), Linear controller design : limits of performance, Prentice Hall, ISBN 978-0-13-538687-3