This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (May 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Huxley in December 2012 (aged 58)
|Birth name||Craig Hundley|
|Also known as||Chris Hundley|
November 22, 1954|
Hollywood, California, U.S.
|Occupation(s)||music producer, film composer, child actor|
|Instruments||conductor, piano, modular synthesizer, Microtonal Clavichord|
|Labels||The Enterprise Group, Slingshot Entertainment|
Craig Huxley (born Craig Hundley; November 22, 1954) is an American Emmy Award-winning television and documentary producer, and Grammy Award-nominated musician and soundtrack producer. He began his career as a child actor in the 1960s.
Early life and child acting career
Born in Hollywood as Craig Hundley, he was sometimes known as Chris Hundley, began his career as a child actor. His roles included guest appearances on Star Trek, Bewitched, and The Beverly Hillbillies.
Aged 14, he led an eponymous jazz band, The Craig Hundley Trio, while also becoming known as a concert pianist. He won a prime time competition show, Showcase 68, tying with Sly and the Family Stone. He then headlined Madison Square Garden with Deep Purple, performing jazz and Beethoven to a psychedelic light show. He played piano on Frank Sinatra's hit song "New York, New York" and on the soundtracks of such films as The Color Purple, ET and Dead Poets Society. Later, he worked with Stevie Wonder and Earth, Wind & Fire.
In 1984, he founded The Enterprise Interactive. He continued to produce and create within his own studio, for ten years composing music for 17 episodes of Knots Landing, with Jerry Immel.
- 2010 : Heroes of Jules Verne Festival (documentary producer)
- 2008 : Red and White: Gone with the West (video documentary producer)
- 2007 : Amazon Trek: In Search of Vanishing Secrets (video documentary producer)
- 2006 : Explorers: From the Titanic to the Moon (documentary producer)
- 2003 : Whales of Atlantis: In Search of Moby Dick (documentary producer)
- 2002 : Jane Goodall's Wild Chimpanzees (documentary producer - DVD)
- 2002 : Kilimanjaro: To the Roof of Africa (documentary; producer - DVD)
- 2001 : The Legend of Loch Lomond (short film producer - IMAX home video)
- 2001 : Sedona (video short producer - IMAX home video)
- 2001 : Lost Worlds: Life in the Balance (documentary short producer - IMAX home video)
- 2000 : Solarmax (short documentary producer - IMAX home video)