|Full name||Craig Stephen Sutherland|
|Date of birth||17 December 1988|
|Place of birth||Edinburgh, Scotland|
|Height||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|2007–2009||Midwestern State University|
|2010||North Carolina State University|
|2011–2012||→ Plymouth Argyle (loan)||9||(1)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 00:47, 25 July 2015 (UTC).
Craig Stephen Sutherland (born 17 December 1988) is a Scottish footballer who plays as a forward for East Fife. He began his career in the United States playing college soccer for Midwestern State University and North Carolina State University. Sutherland played 16 times in the Football League for Blackpool and Plymouth Argyle between 2011 and 2012. He has also played for Woking, Queen's Park, Cowdenbeath and Stenhousemuir.
Sutherland joined Blackpool on 26 July 2011 from North Carolina State University. He made his debut on 5 August as a substitute in Blackpool's single-goal Championship victory at Hull City in the opening game of the 2011–12 Football League season. His first start came six days later, in the first round of the League Cup against Sheffield Wednesday at Hillsborough.
On 16 November he joined League Two side Plymouth Argyle on loan for two months, joining team-mate Paul Bignot, who had also signed on loan two weeks earlier. His made his debut three days later in a 3–1 defeat away to Torquay United.
He went close to scoring his first senior goal in his third appearance for the Pilgrims, in a 1–1 draw with Bradford City at Valley Parade on 10 December. A shot from Simon Walton took a deflection in the crowded penalty area and Sutherland was credited with the goal by the Press Association, however the deflection actually came off a Bradford defender. "Craig said he didn't touch it. It might have been one of the defenders, but, as far as I understand it, it's only an own goal if it is not on target, and it was going in," said Walton. "Craig said, while we were celebrating, 'It's your goal' so I'll take it." The goal remained credited to Sutherland at the end of the season.
Sutherland returned to Blackpool at the end of January 2012, having made nine appearances for Argyle. He was released at the end of the 2012–13 season without making another first team appearance.
Sutherland then spent time on trial at Rangers before signing for Woking. In March 2014, Sutherland went on trial at Dundee. After registration issues stopped him joining Dundee, he signed for Scottish League Two club Queen's Park until the end of the 2013–14 season.
Sutherland was born in Edinburgh. After attending George Watson's College in Edinburgh, he moved to the United States in 2007 to begin a soccer scholarship at Midwestern State University. He played for Great Britain in the 2009 Summer Universiade football tournament, held in Serbia. In the opening group game he scored a late equaliser in a 2–2 draw with Mexico at the Omladinski Stadium, Belgrade. After two years at Midwestern he then moved to North Carolina State University, where he played for a further two years.
- "Professional retain list & free transfers 2012/13" (PDF). The Football League. 18 May 2013. p. 77. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2 August 2014. Retrieved 10 September 2013.
- "Scottish Youth Cup draw and first Spartans Youth Player to sign for an English Championship team". Spartans F.C. 26 July 2011. Retrieved 11 December 2011.
- "Blackpool sign Angel Martinez & Craig Sutherland". BBC Sport. 26 July 2011. Retrieved 11 August 2011.
- "Hull 0–1 Blackpool". BBC Sport. 5 August 2011. Retrieved 11 August 2011.
- "Sheffield Wednesday 0–0 Blackpool (4–2 penalties)". BBC Sport. 11 August 2011. Retrieved 11 August 2011.
- "Blackpool striker Craig Sutherland joins Argyle on loan". BBC Sport. 16 November 2011. Retrieved 16 November 2011.
- "Sutherland makes Pilgrims move". Sky Sports. 16 November 2011. Retrieved 16 November 2011.
- "Bradford 1–1 Plymouth". BBC Sport. 10 December 2011. Retrieved 10 December 2011.
- "Simon Scores". Plymouth Argyle F.C. 10 December 2011. Retrieved 11 December 2011.
- "Biggy Deal". Plymouth Argyle F.C. 26 January 2012. Retrieved 28 January 2012.
- "Craig Sutherland". GoS–DB. Greens on Screen. Retrieved 28 January 2012.
- Robertson, Neil (5 March 2014). "Paul Hartley eyes up former Blackpool frontman". The Courier. Retrieved 2 April 2014.
- Turner, Andy (27 October 2013). "Cards head out of the FA Cup". wokingfc.co.uk. Retrieved 2 April 2014.
- "Sutherland joins Queen's Park". SPFL. 2 April 2014. Retrieved 2 April 2014.
- "Beath Sign Former Blackpool Striker". Cowdenbeath F.C. 25 July 2014. Retrieved 26 July 2014.
- Bulloch, Terry (23 January 2015). "Player News". Stenhousemuir F.C. Retrieved 24 January 2015.
- Oliver, David (23 May 2015). "Faulds, Grehan and Watt out at Ochilview". Falkirk Herald. Retrieved 25 July 2015.
- "EAST FIFE WELCOME CRAIG SUTHERLAND AND JASON KERR". East Fife F.C. 23 July 2015. Retrieved 24 July 2015.
- "New Argyle signing Sutherland seeks productive debut". Western Morning News. 18 November 2011. Retrieved 10 December 2011.
- "Craig Sutherland signs 2-year deal with Blackpool FC". First Point USA. 26 July 2011. Retrieved 10 December 2011.
- "Player Profile: Craig Sutherland". NC State Wolfpack. Archived from the original on 19 December 2013. Retrieved 20 February 2012.
- Newport, Andy (7 July 2011). "Saints eye up trialist". Paisley Daily Express. Retrieved 10 December 2011.