|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2006)|
|Origin||New York City, New York, United States|
Ek Mike C.
|Past members||DJ Daryll C (deceased)|
Crash Crew was an early hip-hop group who recorded for Mike and Dave Records in 1980 and then signed to Sugar Hill Records. The group, based in Harlem,Lincoln Projects New York City, consisted of members DJ Daryll C. (who died in 1999 due to diabetes), G. Man, La Shubee, Barry B-Stro, Michael EK Shahid ( Ek Mike C )., and Reggie Reg. According to JayQuan.com, the six grew up in the surroundings of Lincoln project, in 1977 the group was created. In 1980, they recorded their first single under the moniker "Disco Dave and the Force of the 5 MC's". The single, "High Powered Rap", was released on Mike & Dave Records. That same year, the group signed to Sugar Hill Records and released several classic singles like "We Wanna Rock", "Breaking Bells", and "On the Radio The Crash Crew is considered to be in the first Generation of Hip Hop.
- High Power Rap (as Disco Dave and the Force of 5 MC's) (1980)
- We Want To Rock (1981)
- Breaking Bells (Take Me To the Mardi Gras) (1982)
- On the Radio (1983)
- We Are Known As Emcees (We Turn Party's Out) (1983)
- Here We Are (Waiting For You) (1984)
- 2-4-6-8/Here We Are (1985)
- The Crash Crew Is Back/Summer Fun (1995)
- The Real Hip Hop/Champagne Flights (1996)
- High Powered Rappers (1980)
- http://www.discogs.com/artist/Disco+Dave+And+The+Force+Of+The+5+MCs Disco Dave and the Force of 5 MC's at Discogs.com