||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (December 2013)|
|Founder||Gonçalo Quadros (Chairman), Diamantino Costa, João Carreira|
|Products||EMS, XCEPTION, Beyond Logistics, Oversee, RightsWATCH|
Number of employees
|Subsidiaries||Critical Software Technologies Inc. (Southampton and Yeovil - UK)
Critical Software GmbH (Hanau – DE)
Critical Software Technologies Inc. (California – USA)
Critical Software Brasil (São Paulo - BR)
Critical Software Moçambique, Limitada (Maputo - MZ)
Critical Software Angola (Luanda – AO)
|Slogan||Dependable Technologies for Critical Systems|
A spin-off from the University of Coimbra's business incubator and technology transfer center Instituto Pedro Nunes (IPN), the company was established in 1998 in Coimbra, Portugal - its headquarters - and has also offices in Oporto and Lisbon and subsidiaries around the world in Southampton and Yeovil (United Kingdom), Hanau (Germany), California (United States), São Paulo (Brazil), Maputo (Mozambique), Luanda (Angola) and other locations.
Critical Software trades across several markets including Aerospace, Space, Defence, Automotive, Railway, Telecom, Government, Finance, Energy & Utilities and Healthcare with core competences that cover Embedded and Real-Time Systems, Command & Control, Integrated Logistic Support, Security and Infrastructure, Integration, Business Intelligence, Risk Assessment Management System (RAMS) and Independent Software Verification & Validation.
Critical Software has participated in Earth observation related projects for the European Space Agency, such as the prevention and mitigation of forest fires, ocean monitoring and research on complex climate systems.
- Critical Links is a spin-off company of Critical Software. It is the developer of edgeBOX, which provides data communication services such as VoIP, VPN or Wifi to Small and Medium Sized Businesses.
- Critical Manufacturing is a Critical Software company founded in 2009 and providing automation and manufacturing software for high-tech industries.
- Critical Materials is a company co-founded by Gustavo Dias, Julio Viana (Professors of Uminho) and Critical Software in 2009 and focused in the development of solutions and products in the field of advanced materials for critical applications. Critical Material's PRODDIA is a structural health monitoring and management system for the Aeronautics & Energy Industries.
- Critical Health is a spin-off of Critical Software encompassing all the healthcare activities that were being developed since 2006. Critical Software is an IT services company specialized in real-time systems for defense, aerospace and telecommunications.
- Watchful Software is a member of the Critical Group of companies, which is anchored by Critical Software.