Croatian Operational Research Society
The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for companies and organizations. (May 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Purpose||To promote operations research|
|Association of European Operational Research Societies International Federation of Operational Research Societies|
The Croatian Operational Research Society (CRORS) is the professional non-profit society for the scientific field of Operations Research in Croatia. Its main mission is to promote operational research in Croatia and worldwide for the benefit of science and society. Since 1994, CRORS has been recognized by the International Federation of Operational Research Societies and its subgrouping, the Association of European Operational Research Societies, as the main national society for Operations Research in Croatia, and CRORS actively participates in international promotion of operational research.
The Croatian Operational Research Society was established in 1992. as the only scientific society in Croatia specialized in operational research. Two groups of OR people, one from Zagreb and the other from Split, were active in organizing the OR Conference KOI ‘91 and establishing the CRORS, together with colleagues from Varaždin, Rijeka, Ljubljana and Maribor. In March 1992, The Founding meeting of CRORS was held at the Faculty of economics in Zagreb. The Statutes of CRORS were acquired at that meeting, and the Board of directors with a Supervisory board was elected. The first president was Prof. Luka Neralić from the University of Zagreb, Faculty of Economics Zagreb.
The main board of the society consists of a President, Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer. The society is managed by an Executive Committee consisting of 17 members; the Supervisory Board and Board of Ethics consists of 3 members. All members of the boards are elected by the membership.
As of 2014[update], the society has 150 members - individuals and institutions from academia, industry and administration.
Scientific journal Croatian Operational Research Review (CRORR), ISSN 1848-0225 (Print), ISSN 1848-9931 (Online) is published by Croatian Operational Research Society and Co-publishers: Faculty of Economics in Osijek (University of Osijek), Department of Mathematics (University of Osijek), Faculty of Economic (University of Split), Faculty of Economics and Business (University of Zagreb). From 2013 onwards, CRORR journal aims to publish regular issues as well as special issues from KOI conferences. The CRORR journal is published in two numbers per year. Full-text of all published issues is available online at Published Volumes. All issues are also available at the Hrcak database - Portal of scientific journals of Croatia
Book of Abstracts of KOI Conferences  consists of abstracts of invited and contributed papers presented at the International Conference on Operational Research, organized by Croatian Operational Research Society (CRORS). Books of Abstracts from recent KOI conferences are available online.
CRORS News  is the official magazine of the Croatian Operational Research Society published yearly with two purposes:
- to bring an overview of the activities of the CRORS society and its members during a calendar year;
- to promote the area of operational research by publishing articles on novel and promising research topics, conferences, workshops, and collaboration of OR researchers with businesses.
The International Conference on Operational Research (KOI) is the major event organized by the Croatian Operational Research Society since 1991. In the period from 1991-1996. it was organized every year, while from the 1996. to today, it is organized every two years (in odd years). The objective of the KOI conference is to bring together researchers and practitioners from operational research and related scientific disciplines (such as applied mathematics, quantitative methods in business, simulations and machine learning) for introducing new OR achievements in business process improvement. The main intention of the conference is to exchange ideas and experiences through direct contacts with researches of common interest, particularly including young researchers in improving their scientific work. Our mission is to promote Operations Research as an academic discipline and a profession.
The 15th International Conference on Operational Research KOI 2014 took place in Osijek, Croatia, on September 24–26, 2014.
- M., Zekić-Sušac; L., Neralić (April 2014), "International OR: Croatian Operational Research Society", ORMS Today, 41 (2).
- What is CRORS?, Croatian Operational Research Society Archived 2015-01-28 at the Wayback Machine., retrieved 2015-02-24.
- Member societies: Croatia, IFORS, retrieved 2015-02-23.
- "Croatian Operational Research Review (CRORR)".
- Croatian Operational Research Review, Faculty of Economics in Osijek, retrieved 2015-02-24.
- "Croatian Operational Research Review", Hrčak – Portal of scientific journals of Croatia, University of Zagreb, retrieved 2015-02-24.
- "Book of Abstracts of KOI Conferences".
- "CRORS News".
- International Conference on Operational Research KOI 2014 Archived 2015-02-25 at the Wayback Machine., Department of Mathematics, University of Osijek, retrieved 2015-02-24