|Parent||Barry & Paul Crowther|
|Commenced operation||circa 1900s|
|Service type||Coach charter services|
|Fleet||3 (May 2014)|
In the early 1900s, S Crowthers and Sons Pty Ltd established a small bus service in Thirroul eventually expanding further south to Dapto. In 1952 Crowthers began operations in Sydney purchasing route 65 that operated between Cronulla railway station and South Cronulla from Ryder & Moore. In 1966 the service was extended to Caringbah.
In 1998 Barry and Paul Crowther purchased the company from their family.
Crowthers had also operated coaches since at least June 1981 when a new Domino Tourmaster was purchased. This part of the business continues with a fleet of three coaches operated as at May 2014 out of a depot adjoining Sydney Airport. Two of the coaches were painted in Australian Pacific Tours livery from 2005 to 2012. Crowthers had previously acted as a sub-contractor to the tourism company.
With the introduction of the Passenger Transport Act of 1990, there was a consolidation of routes. Both Crowther's routes 65 and 66 and Nicholson's route 67 Cronulla to Kurnell were covered by one contract, leading to the operators combining their services under the BusLink brand in November 1992.
Crowthers also operated the Shire Shuttle, a Sutherland Shire Council sponsored late-night/early morning service providing free transport from major pubs and clubs. Crowthers also ran a service called the Sharks Shuttle which provided a free service to Endeavour Field from Heathcote, Engadine and Sutherland during Cronulla Sharks home games.
- "Obituaries" Fleetline July 1994 page 130
- History Crowthers
- Veolia Transport NSW Bus Fleets of Australia
- New South Wales Bus Operators and Fleet Listings. Sydney: Historic Commercial Vehicle Association. 1993. p. 50.
- Crowther's Coaches Australian Bus Fleet Lists
- "Routes, timetables and services" Fleetline February 1993 page 34
- "Bus Link" Australian Bus Panorama February 1993 page 37
- "Crowther" Australian Bus Panorama 16/1 August 2000 page 47
- "Timetable and Service Changes" Fleetline September 2000 page 150
- Shire Shuttle Crowthers
- Sharks Shuttle Crowthers