Cumnock Juniors F.C.
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (January 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Full name||Cumnock Juniors Football Club|
|League||West of Scotland Super League Premier Division|
|2015–16||West of Scotland Super League First Division, 1st (promoted)|
Formed in 1912, they have a history of local and national success. Their nearest neighbours and rivals are Auchinleck Talbot. Both have shared many a hard fought battle on the field. These matches are often looked upon as Junior football's equivalent to the "Old Firm" with passionate supporters from both sides.
In the 1970s and 1980s this game would often attract a crowd of around 6000; although it has dwindled a bit over the years, the respect and rivalry is still noticeable. A Scottish Junior Cup tie between the two sides in the mid-1970s attracted well over 8000 spectators. Cumnock won 2–1.
Cumnock are based at Townhead Park and compete in the West Region Superleague Premier Division, from where they were relegated in 2009. They immediately regained promotion the following season and continue to play in the highest Junior league in the West of Scotland.
A "senior" team based in Cumnock also competed in the 19th century and participated in the early years of the Scottish Cup. Cumnock Juniors play in the colours black and white. Their change strip is white and blue.
Scottish Junior Cup
- Winners: 1978–79, 1988–89
- Runners-up: 1949–50, 2007–08
- Ayrshire Cup: 1915–16, 1917–18, 1948–49, 1980–81, 1989–90, 2007–08, 2009/2010
- Ayrshire District Cup: 1971–72, 1983–84, 1986–87, 1989–90
- Ayrshire First Division winners: 1935–36, 1936–37, 1952–53, 1971–72, 1973–74, 1980–81, 1981–82, 1983–84, 1984–85, 1995–96, 1997–98
- Ayrshire League Cup: 1936–37, 1948–49, 1952–53, 1966–67, 1970–71, 1976–77, 1978–79, 1983–84, 1984–85, 1985–86, 1986–87, 1995–96, 1996–97, 2000–01, 2001–02
- Ayrshire Second Division winners: 1994–95
- Ayrshire Super Cup: 1988–89, 1995–96, 1996–97
- Cumnock & Doon Cup: 1986–87, 1987–88, 1988–89
- East Ayrshire Cup: 1995–96
- Wilson, Richard (10 November 2014). "Auchinleck & Cumnock rivalry runs deep in Ayrshire". BBC Sport. Retrieved 5 July 2016.
- O'Donnell, Jim (17 October 2014). "New boss plans to 'Nock Talbot out of another cup". Evening Times. Retrieved 5 July 2016.