Curl Up and Die
|Curl Up and Die|
|Origin||Las Vegas, Nevada|
After demos in 1998 and 1999, Curl Up and Die recorded its first release in early 2000, an album called 1998. An EP, The Only Good Bug Is A Dead Bug, was picked up by Status Recordings in early 2001. Prior to forming Curl Up and Die, vocalist Mike Minnick was a founding member of Vegas grindcore band The Weirding Way, playing drums.
The group signed with Revelation Records in 2001 and their debut full-length CD, Unfortunately, We're Not Robots, was released in May 2002. Two EPs, We May Be Through With the Past (on Status) and But the Past Ain't Through With Us (on Revelation) were released, as well as one more album, The One Above All, The End Of All That Is, before the band broke up in late 2005.
Vocalist Mike Minnick currently provides vocals for the baseball-themed grindcore band Puig Destroyer.
- Jesse Fitts - drums
- Matt Fuchs - guitar
- Ryan Hartery - bass
- Mike Minnick - vocals
- Geoff Bergman - bass (went on to play in Poison the Well)
- Jon Brown - guitar
- Mike Pinaud - drums
- Gustavo Mendoza - bass
- Gavan Nelson - bass
- John Freebass - bass
- Dale Nixon - bass
- Unfortunately, We're Not Robots (Revelation, 2002)
- The One Above All, The End Of All That Is (Revelation, 2005)
- The Only Good Bug Is A Dead Bug (Status, 2000)
- 1998 (Status, 2001)
- We May Be Through With The Past (Status, 2003)
- But The Past Ain't Through With Us (Revelation, 2003)
- Loftus, Johnny. "Curl Up and Die – Biography". Allmusic. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved June 7, 2011.
- Gramlich, Chris (May 2002). "Curl Up and Die Get Their Geek On". Exclaim!. Retrieved June 7, 2011.
- Radke, Brock (January 2, 2003). "Music: Underrated underground". Las Vegas Mercury. Stephens Media. Retrieved June 7, 2011.
- Kiraly, Andrew (January 9, 2003). "Kick Out the Jams". Las Vegas Mercury. Stephens Media. Retrieved June 7, 2011.
- "Vegas Archive: Weirding Way – Discography 2000-2005". Punks in Vegas. Retrieved 2014-02-21.
- Lambgoat.com (July 12, 2012) - Curl Up And Die reforming, but not playing REV 25
- "Puig Destroyer (Thrice, Curl Up & Die) records EP". Lambgoat. Retrieved 2014-02-21.